All Clear

GV Jack

Snorin God
The sirens you heard last night were those sounding the all clear that the GV Desperado has vacated the town.
The women and children are now safe and the police are on stand down.

Wow, what a great six days. You know the wonders of nature are immense and we got to see some of them first hand. Weather, critters, storms, sea life and Roberto in those fabulous 9" steel reinforced (for obvious reasons) spikes.

We arrived Thursday to absolutely perfect weather only to have the bottom fall out early Friday morning when the winds came in. I have been in Florida in a hurricane and Okinawa during a number of typhoons and I'm not saying this compares at all, however I have never seen the Sea of Cortez on its ear like that.

Saturday afternoon it flattened out somewhat and that was the precursor to something I've never seen before. On Monday hundreds of Pelicans and other birds went into a feeding frenzy diving at fish. It was incessant and went of for hours. There was a bit of a rest about noon, but then they started in again in even greater numbers. The noise and the splashing waters was amazing.

Then on Tuesday afternoon, our last day, there was a Pelican parade overhead. Squadrons of them with from 10 to 15 per pack flew low right over our deck. There was one group after the other for at least two hours. It's like they knew it was our last day and they were saying "Goodbye old timer." In my six or seven years there, I have never seen anything like it.

I can't express how much I enjoy being in Rocky Point. I had the opportunity to have lunch and dinner with old friends and even met for the first time a delightful Forum member and her husband. There was no hassle on the Mexican side coming in or on the American side going out.

I wish I had found Rocky Point when we first arrived in Arizona twenty years ago. Unfortunately, because the old joints and all aren't working so well, my times there will be limited. One thing I know for sure, the memories of what I saw on the water and in the air this week will live with me forever. The memories of the friends I have met on this forum and in Rocky Point will live there as well.

Roberto

Things are a lot more relaxed around town today. Barriers are down and people taking a well earned rest from the threat of the GV Desperado. The pelicans were actually drones keeping an eye out for nefarious activity.

Kea

Hey GV,
It was nice meeting you this trip. You had me fooled -- it looked to me like your "old joints" were working just fine, and should have plenty more trips left in them.

Roberto

Hey GV,
It was nice meeting you this trip. You had me fooled -- it looked to me like your "old joints" were working just fine, and should have plenty more trips left in them.
Well be aware that the Desperado has fooled a lot of people. Truth is you never know when he will strike again. He's real sneaky too. Putting a brick in his handbag, unbelievable.

GV Jack

Snorin God
You know Roberto, you can really take a punch. You came to in a scant three days.

Maybe the Chianti had something to do with it. :rolleyes: