AZ Republic Front Page Today: Dagger in Spring Breaks Heart

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
When is this sh*t going to stop?! It would be almost laughable at this point if it wasn't so damn frustrating!!!

AZ ROB

Atleast it is quiet whe I go down...But I am getting sick of telling friends how beautiful it is only to have them tell me how crazy I.

"A brazen gunpoint robbery of 22 tourists in Puerto Vallarta last week.....passengers on a bus tour were robbed by a gunman."

I wonder what would happen if there were a bus load of visitors from Mexico (or any other country for that matter) on a tour of let’s say....the Grand Canyon or Sedona. And out of the trees steps "Joe American Citizen" and robs them at gunpoint. I wonder if that would stop people from visiting Arizona.
I agree with you Mexico Joe.......when is this s#!t going to stop.

Last edited:

mondone

Whitecaps
"A brazen gunpoint robbery of 22 tourists in Puerto Vallarta last week.....passengers on a bus tour were robbed by a gunman."

I wonder what would happen if there were a bus load of visitors from Mexico (or any other country for that matter) on a tour of let’s say....the Grand Canyon or Sedona. And out of the trees steps "Joe American Citizen" and robs them at gunpoint. I wonder if that would stop people from visiting Arizona.
Bruce St. Idiot on KTAR talked about this for 15 minutes this morning and never once did he infer that this was NOT drug cartel activity.:hairout:

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
Long time no post, and for that I say sorry! My life has kept me from the Sea of Cortez far too much. I am going fishing in May down south, and was planning a trip with some friends who have never been down. Most are now too scared to go, which is their loss.

I sent a nice email to the author (which I posted here but since deleted it) asking here to look again and learn more. You can find her email on the azcentral website. The article was more balanced than the headline would indicate, but every article exaggerates the state dept. advisory except the ones about the nogales consul giving a speech on the topic.

http://puertopenascojoe.wordpress.com/2012/02/18/travel-warning-to-mexico-from-nogales-u-s-cousul-chad-cummins/

I miss Penasco and this forum! I really need to go fishing!

Tom Surfcaster

Last edited:

If it happened up there, I wonder if it would even make the Headlines..? Probably just get a little by-line back on page 30 something...

I didn't read the article but heard about this story and the only person that didn't hand over his wallet was the tour director... mmm do you think inside job..? just sayin'...

We should all start posting stories of the good things that happen here in Rocky Point in the comments section after these stupid articles...

jerry

toxic talk radio is really fanning this flame.

If they can't get a war gong in Iran they need to have a back up plan.... mexico!

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Trailer Park, Red neck - banjo playing Apache Junction sure fills up america's most wanted. If you are going to avoid rap concerts in Tempe, you might as well avoid walking around some of those confederate flag trailers (no rap music, just the dueling banjos playing).