Be Aware of Your Surroundings

GV Jack

Snorin God
While I fear I will raise the ire of some on this august board, I endeavor to show the necessity of being aware of your surroundings, even in this little crime ridden area called Green Valley.

The stories you are about to witness are true, only the names of the guilty are changed for their and my protection.

One day a person who shall be called El Loco B*tcho pushed me aside in the checkout lane at Safeway, proceeded to slap the checkout clerk and punch the bag person in the stomach. She then ran into the parking lot where she fell and sustained minor injuries. Fortunately, the jury was sensible and only awarded her $100,000.00 instead of the millions she requested.

There was a drive by shooting that garnered national attention when a gentleman drove by his ex-girl friend's house and fired shots into it. He was greeted at home when he arrived in his GOLF CART. It seems the police were there quite a while before he made it. Believe it...a Golf Cart Drive By Shooting.....

We had the case of the Korean American, One Sock Hung, who was notoriously slow on the golf course. After repeated requests to allow a faster group to play through, the group decided to go around Hung's group which caused him to go into a full meltdown. He started chasing the group swinging his 8 iron , which wasn't anywhere near enough club, like a Samurai Sword. The group stopped and a fight broke out which caused the police to stop it. Hung was charged and his trial ended with a HUNG jury. Sorry, I couldn't resist it. He paid a fine.

Then there was Mrs. Three Hearts. It seems a gentleman was riding his golf cart down the cart lane on La Canada, the main drag, when a car side swiped him, flipping the cart and tossing him out which caused some rather serious injuries. The driver left the scene, having never stopped. About four or five hours later, a lady went into the police department and turned herself in for the hit and run. When asked why she left the scene, she replied that she was late for her Bridge Club.

Lastly and most worrisome was a case where a man and his girlfriend were in an all night party in his town house, just across the main drag from us. It seems they were into, booze, drugs and when the man felt amorous, she turned him down. He proceeded to beat her up pretty badly and she managed to escape to a neighbor's town house. The man followed her and banged on the neighbor's door. The neighbor came out with a loaded 38 and suggested the man stop it. Well, that calmed things down until the man grabbed the lady and started beating her and dragging her to his car. With that the neighbor fired off two shots. The woman ran away and the man got in his car. He proceeded down La Canada for about a half mile before he drove off the road into a tree and died. This was about four in the morning and I was loading my wife's luggage into the car. I heard the shots and immediately thought they were backfires over on I-19. On my way back from the airport I was stopped by the police and asked if I saw or heard anything. About an hour later I was back in the house.

So my friends this goes to show that stuff can happen anywhere. Am I going to move from this infested environment? Heck no and I'm also going to keep going to Rocky Point, every chance I get. For the naysayers, get over it, for the rest, you could get hit in the head on the golf course by a mad man. Enjoy your time, but be very careful, very careful. Don't let your guard down for a second.