Beach and desert exploring trucks and Atv's ..reviews

jerry

Spot a deal on a classic on Craigs list,learned some hard earned lessons on say a LandRover...or have a new toy...post it here..
The 2015 Honda Pioneer 500 is a nice ride.It fits in the back of my pickup..no hassling with a trailer.This is great along the Coastal highway as a friend can drop you thirty miles from nowhere and you head to the outback.The 500 had a transmission not belt drive which is great if you have ever snapped a belt below high tide line in the middle of nowhere.It goes about 150 miles on a fill up.It climbs like a goat.Unlike it's big brothers goes great on sand dunes and not a racer but goes 40 mph all day.We drove it up the gap over the back side of Mount Lemon to Cascabel and it can take any terrain. they cost 9 k but are hard to get.Anyone that drives one wants one.
image.jpg

Roberto

That looks way too nerdy for the PP crowd. Saw a couple with their matching whatever the were. Fast, loud and colorful with drivers kitted out like a jet fighter pilot. Bet the neverleave the pavement, town cruisers.

This is my beast of choice. Meet The Green Machine. Honda TRX300 Four Trax 2WD. Recently upgraded with the deluxe utility/Fishing Milk crate complete with padded Fishing rod tube that will hold 2-7ft rods. And 2- 1.5 " vertical rod holders for easy set up and or hands free fishing.

I have driven countless off road trails from the Mirador to the vacant beaches far north of Cholla and all the way out to the North side oyster farms at the estuaries, and it will do 40mph on the highway. It will motor right up Comp hill with easy and gets terrific gas mileage.

It is great for throwing the wife on and cruising the Malecon as well.

I am one with the earth on the green machine and have absolute faith in it's abilities. Having an electric start and shaft drive, it starts instantly and gets me where I want to go every time.

Did I mention it has a tow hitch and matching trailer but is capable of launching the boat in the background!

Go Green Machine.

Last edited:

jerry

That looks way too nerdy for the PP crowd. Saw a couple with their matching whatever the were. Fast, loud and colorful with drivers kitted out like a jet fighter pilot. Bet the neverleave the pavement, town cruisers.
Bob this thing is just great...it does look a little too practical to get a decent Bro Ho

jerry

Thisimage.jpg
Polaris is at Costco today.It looks like big fun if I can figure a Romney type solution to cage my dogs on the roof

jerry

This is my beast of choice. Meet The Green Machine. Honda TRX300 Four Trax 2WD. Recently upgraded with the deluxe utility/Fishing Milk crate complete with padded Fishing rod tube that will hold 2-7ft rods. And 2- 1.5 " vertical rod holders for easy set up and or hands free fishing.

I have driven countless off road trails from the Mirador to the vacant beaches far north of Cholla and all the way out to the North side oyster farms at the estuaries, and it will do 40mph on the highway. It will motor right up Comp hill with easy and gets terrific gas mileage.

It is great for throwing the wife on and cruising the Malecon as well.

I am one with the earth on the green machine and have absolute faith in it's abilities. Having an electric start and shaft drive, it starts instantly and gets me where I want to go every time.

Did I mention it has a tow hitch and matching trailer but is capable of launching the boat in the background!

Go Green Machine.
I have a 99 Honda rancher 4wd and a 2008 2wd honda( red one in whale pic)...it is fast as hell but down in that silty sand after tide has gone out at Desemboque it has nearly gotten stuck....the rancher plows right through.....I would like to take my old Furgeson tractor down but tough to cross,the polaris bigboss with dump bed is a real workhorse and old ones can be picked up for 2500 bucks or so.Joes Prerunner is a nice ride,I am still waiting for the diesel motorcycle with a generator that is coming out from India....Scott's Old Bronco works great too but all and all I think Kenny's Mid 90s Jeep Cheeroke is tough to beat.I would have posted a pic but my soon to be finished version of a bicycle popcorn platform for Garys new business needed a square.
image.jpg

Yeah hitting that silt is a trick, I like to keep enough air in the ties for street and hard pack running but when I hit Sandy beach I have to let air out then no problem.
It always cracks me up when those guys go up comp hill on their raptors as if you need a tricked out ride and I go right up behind them with my fishing poles and milk crate laughing at them like whats the big deal. Speaking of Costco, great deals on quad tires there. I got the rears on the 250 recon for the same price as 1 on amazon and they get here in 3-4 days.
Hopefully I can get the boat ready to go down before summer, that 300 has a tow hitch and can launch it from the beach, probably....

Hey Hill Bear......

You pickin' on Raptors? Guess I'm guilty since I have one in my fleet. 0 to 140 mph in less than sixty seconds, 110 mph up a sandy wash in 4 wheel drive, front and rear locking differentials, all stock right off of the sales lot at Ford! They do get stuck though. Last weekend we were climbing out of a wash with a thousand pounds of gravel in the bed and got belly balanced on an eight foot bank. All four wheels were locked in and up in the air turning above four two foot deep holes. Lucky I had a shovel with me.

JJ

Hey Hill Bear......

You pickin' on Raptors? Guess I'm guilty since I have one in my fleet. 0 to 140 mph in less than sixty seconds, 110 mph up a sandy wash in 4 wheel drive, front and rear locking differentials, all stock right off of the sales lot at Ford! They do get stuck though. Last weekend we were climbing out of a wash with a thousand pounds of gravel in the bed and got belly balanced on an eight foot bank. All four wheels were locked in and up in the air turning above four two foot deep holes. Lucky I had a shovel with me.

JJ
No no, just saying that with a lot less money, motor, looks and effort the Green machine can go where they go. Definitely NOT as fast though. LOL.
I wouldn't kick one out of my back yard! Vaaarooommmmm.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey Hill Bear......

JJ

I think he was originally referring to a YAMAHA RAPTOR. Anyhow, I'll take a 4 link Tacoma over a Raptor anyday. I love when I see 55 year old ladies driving Ford Raptors around town...

jerry

Now this is a truck! Hung out with the crazy German owner last December on out fruitless hunt for signs the Tasmanian Tiger still existed image.jpg

Hummmmmmmmmm..........

Probably none as long as you got the cash, $55,000.00 and and can afford to feed it's 8 mpg drinking habit!

BTW it's my chicks birthday gift and she's a smokin hottie at 55, and she can't drive 55.

Also, we don't ever drive rice burner Jap Krap "wanna be" trucks.

JJ

jerry

image.jpg Kenny and I have gotten to some good spots with his jeep and my rancher.I had a chance to pickup this ex forrest service Hummer but passed....sort of want a horse again but hope the urge goes away

Landshark

Also, we don't ever drive rice burner Jap Krap "wanna be" trucks. JJ
The Toyota Tundra TRD Pro is making a pretty good name for itself as it demonstrated in the 2014 Baja 1000. Though the Tundra finished 69th overall, it took first place in the Full Size Stock class. Post-race, the Tundra was driven 1,000 miles back to the US-Mexico border.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
What is the cut off age for driving a Ford Raptor?

When you have absolutely no fucking idea of what you're sitting on. If you don't know what a DOUBLE BYPASS is then please don't buy one. You don't need 2.5 coilovers and double bypass to drive around town. It sucks because it's kind of the sell out truck now in desert racing. Sorry but if you're a lady and you're over the age of 50 you should NOT be driving a 6.0 Raptor. Get the broad a CL Benz.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hummmmmmmmmm..........

Probably none as long as you got the cash, $55,000.00 and and can afford to feed it's 8 mpg drinking habit!

BTW it's my chicks birthday gift and she's a smokin hottie at 55, and she can't drive 55.

Also, we don't ever drive rice burner Jap Krap "wanna be" trucks.

JJ

Jim, you obviously seem to know what you're talking about and living in San Diego gives me the idea that you know about off road racing which is why this comment is absolutely fucking ridiculous. "WANNA BE" trucks, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK A FORD RAPTOR IS?! Certainly a "wanna be" factory Ford that EVERYONE can buy. Sorry sir but you're wrong. The two most popular BUILT trucks are Ford Ranger and Toyota Tacoma. Bottom line, end story.

BUILT

4 LINK

RICE BURNER JAP KRAP

[/URL][/IMG]

WANNA BE PRODUCTION TRUCK FORD RAPTOR. Not saying I dont like them. They are nice but you are the WANNA BE SIR