Beer?

So coming down with a bunch a family in May. Going to drink a bunch of beer. Cans or bottles will not cut this time. Where can we get a keg?

Do not bring any beer, there are strict limits of what you can bring across the border going in both directions. Plan on buying all of your beer in Penasco. You should educate yourself on what you are allowed to bring down and what is not allowed and expect to be treated according to the law.

Whatever you do, I would recommend getting your beer in Mexico and avoid buying in the U.S. or at the duty free at the border. While the duty free carries Tecate and Dos XX, they are the American versions, bottled in NY. The US versions are lower alcohol content then what you will buy in Mexico and I believe also contain preservatives.

rplarry

So coming down with a bunch a family in May. Going to drink a bunch of beer. Cans or bottles will not cut this time. Where can we get a keg?
I have gotten kegs before from the Pacifico store/distributor located right on Benito Juarez and about Melchor Ocampo or Nicolas Bravo. It's the original Corona & Pacifico distributor.

Zoom in on this map and you be able to see the approximate location Map of Puerto Penasco: Road / Street Map - Mapa de Puerto Penasco - Mexico Guru You can use the "satellite" feature on the map to get a more clear idea of where it is located.

If that doesn't work, call Capone's Al Capones - Pizza and Beer - Rocky Point - Puerto Penasco and ask them where they get their kegs. They have a great selection of beer on draft, including Pacifico and Indio. Capone's Internet Phone # is 480-467-4503.

Thanks RPLarry, I have been coming down for years and got married in Rocky Point, but I had no idea where to go for a Keg. I was going to start at some of the distributors, but I thought I would ask here first to help with my hunt.

jerry

The mexican beer drinkers down here seem to hate Indio while we like it.Bud Lite always goes first at a cookout down here...yuck