Best place to purchase alcohol

We have always picked up our groceries at the Super Ley and our booze (usually a decent vodka and/or whiskey) at one of the small liquor shops on Benito Juarez.

We have not yet been inside the Sam's Club or Walmart. I guess we've just been trying to "keep it local".

Are there some good places locally to pick up alcohol (or groceries) that we are missing?

Thanks!

I'm a fan of Super Ley too. I rarely go any other place for groceries or beer/booze.
I have found their prices to be competitive with OXXO.... usually cheaper.
I have heard of a good liquor store on Ben Juarez somewhere near bridge at Calle13.
No idea what the name is though

GV Jack

Snorin God
Todd, that is the one next to Cosmos Pharmacy and in the same strip mall as Panne y Vino. It used to be a really good store. The last few times
I went there they hardly had anything in stock. Looked to me like they were shutting it down. That was last November and maybe it's back up.

Roberto

I like to shop local as well but it is difficult for some things. Beer is everywhere as well as tequilas. Lots of little tiendas offer a small selection of hard stuff, the Michigan Market, 8/12, plus Super Ley and the Santa Fe. The Crucero next to Cosmos was the place to go until Sam's Club opened. They had a couple of nice wines decently priced that I would buy by the case. Now, no wine and a thin selection of other stuff but certainly whiskey and Vodka. Sam's has absolutely the largest selection and best prices on wine. Large selection of distilled stuff but I have not checked prices.

dwig222

There is a small liquor store just off Fremont when you are driving towards Los Conchas. It's just past the fire station, but before the big Mexican restaurant. It's not on Freemont. You turn right off Fremont to what is almost an alley. There is a store facing Fremont that sells liquor right where you turn down the "alley". This guy always has everything I need. I went to five stores to find almond tequila and he was the only one who had it. Then I wanted a half pint of Bacardi rum and he had it. When you turn, his store is the only structure you'll see.

The liquor store just off Freemont, you make a right, right after the Tecate Beer Store it is right next to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwig222

I don't drink the almond tequila. My three daughters drink it and love it, but you can't find it in the states.

In case anyone is looking (except for those in congress who outlawed it) for almond tequile (almandrado) you can get it at either Bevmo or Total Wine. it's about $20 or so a bottle. I am trying to remember, but there MAY be some version of it available at the Tequila Factory in RP. I know they have a number of infused and/or flavored tequilas.

Now why anyone would want to ruin perfectly good tequila by infusing it with almonds I have no idea

playaperro

El Pirata
Ueta was the place to buy before you crossed, now if you stop to buy or get the mags you never know how far out the line will be.:(

Ueta was the place to buy before you crossed, now if you stop to buy or get the mags you never know how far out the line will be.:(
Avoid UETA for beer. They sell the american versions of the mexican beer which is lower alcohol content, tastes worse, and is usually bottled in places like upstate NY.

Only buy your beer in Mexico!

BootNHat

RE: Liquor store next to Cosmos Pharmacy and in the same strip mall as Panne y Vino.

It is well stocked again, but you often have to ask at the pharmacy next door if you want something. This is one place that has 96% pure alcohol for about $8.00.

playaperro

El Pirata
Avoid UETA for beer. They sell the american versions of the mexican beer which is lower alcohol content, tastes worse, and is usually bottled in places like upstate NY.

Only buy your beer in Mexico!
Don't care too much for the beer, booze prices are a lot better than most places and I kind of like the top shelf brands they carry, I only buy cold beer and keep it cold so I take everything I need for a couple days.