Budget Hotels?

Rob

Hola.

I'm thinking of taking a day trip soon, but may decide to spend the night. Can anyone weigh-in on some safe, clean "budget" hotels that I won't necessarily need a reservation for? Ideally with A/C, the ability to flush toilet paper, and take a hot shower.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

We stayed a few times at Hotel Posada La Roca while looking at real estate. Cheap,clean,safe, on the Malecon. Couldn't ask for more
I have heard that. Do you think I would need a reservation, or could I play it by ear even on a busy weekend?

audsley

Well Known Member
Can't say about the reservation but better safe than sorry. I've stayed there and have only the best things to say about it, but be advised that overnight parking is on the street. I had fishing and camping equipment with me and the owner was extremely gracious in opening the gate so I could park inside his patio wall each evening, but I felt a little bad about accepting his offer to do that. as it's a nuisance, If you can bring your valuable inside each night, it's not a problem. But even something of low value could result in getting a windown broken out at 2 a.m.

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
I have also stayed there. It is probably the nicest budget hotel I have ever stayed at. Clean!!
Bring your own pillow though. They don't have much in the way of fluff.
Can't beat the location either if you don't want to drive and the weather is nice. Very close to dinner and drinks.
I agree on calling ahead. Make sure you talk to the owner, he speaks very good English. I only say this because I tried to reserve and the girl got the days mixed up. No problem as they were not booked up anyway.
http://hotelposadalaroca.blogspot.com/

Reactions: Rob

TICO-T

Well Known Member
Hola.

I'm thinking of taking a day trip soon, but may decide to spend the night. Can anyone weigh-in on some safe, clean "budget" hotels that I won't necessarily need a reservation for? Ideally with A/C, the ability to flush toilet paper, and take a hot shower.

Thanks in advance!
I have stayed many times. Great little hotel. Great location. Free Wi-Fi. Free coffee. You won't regret staying there. Ask for Jorge the owner or Carla his daughter. 011-52-638-383-3199.

Rob

Thank you all! I left a message and sent an email.

If that doesn't work out, are there any others I should look at?

bluepenguin

In Town Gringo
You can also try the Dream Weaver Inn although they only have 6 rooms. Its just a few blocks from Posada La Roca
(602) 903-3871

Rob

Wow. Looks like I got into La Roca on Friday / Saturday on Memorial Day weekend.

I'd imagine I'll need a trip to la farmacia para zolpidem if I'm going to get any sleep. :)

I'll try Granada del Mar next trip out.

Thanks all.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Naw, La Roca is up the hill from the noise and action. You prolly can hear the Malecon bands but only faintly if you went outside. Nice thing is you can walk down and enjoy listening to them.