Cellphone note..... att Gophone works!!!!!

jerry

Well Known Member
So the GoPhone I bought for 16 bucks at Wall Mart last night works down here...25 cents a minute....no contract hassle....
My telcel modem card is working fast too...

GV Jack

Snorin God
So the GoPhone I bought for 16 bucks at Wall Mart last night works down here...25 cents a minute....no contract hassle....
My telcel modem card is working fast too...
Jerry... I too have an AT & T phone that works great down there. It works through Telcel. I did it a little differently. I took an old Blackberry, unlocked it
and bought an AT & T/Telcel SIM Card and loaded it. It lit up and worked great down there at 25 cents per minute. Also works here at 10 cents/minute. Did they
say anything about not letting it expire? I have to keep it activated or replace the card @ $40.00. Your deal sounds better.

How do you recharge your Telcel modem card?

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a happy, healthy New Year.

jerry

Well Known Member
Jack same cost .I'm surprised the noise from the model t engine allows you to talk on a cellphone while blasting down the road......with the telcel modem usb stick you sign up for a 18 month contract and for 39 bucks a month you get 5 gigs (in tucson I have 2 for my verizon phone to use as a wireless hub and it lasts a long time...not sure if telcel has a smartphone/hub plan) The amigo telcel plans are good if you are just checking email. I come via Caborca to my place and telcel is on the main drag...If you live in GV you should go that way and return via Lukeville
Jerry... I too have an AT & T phone that works great down there. It works through Telcel. I did it a little differently. I took an old Blackberry, unlocked it
and bought an AT & T/Telcel SIM Card and loaded it. It lit up and worked great down there at 25 cents per minute. Also works here at 10 cents/minute. Did they
say anything about not letting it expire? I have to keep it activated or replace the card @ $40.00. Your deal sounds better.

How do you recharge your Telcel modem card?

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a happy, healthy New Year.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Jack same cost .I'm surprised the noise from the model t engine allows you to talk on a cellphone while blasting down the road......with the telcel modem usb stick you sign up for a 18 month contract and for 39 bucks a month you get 5 gigs (in tucson I have 2 for my verizon phone to use as a wireless hub and it lasts a long time...not sure if telcel has a smartphone/hub plan) The amigo telcel plans are good if you are just checking email. I come via Caborca to my place and telcel is on the main drag...If you live in GV you should go that way and return via Lukeville
Actually, Jerry, It's a Stanley Steamer and much quieter that the Model T.

I use the Amigo USB Stick and it works really well, even down by the beach. I have no problem with emails and surfing the net. Every now and then it drops the signal but not too bad.

You know, I've never thought of going down that way. I'd like to go to San Carlos sometime. How rough is it to go up to RP from there?

jerry

Well Known Member
The coastal road is still rough to Kino... maybe in a year it will be clear sailing...then the boom begins again!