City of Penasco on strike?

I was just informed that the city of penasco has been on strike for the last couple of days. No service provided. Do any of you locals know anything about this? Doesn't the newly elected regime take office next week? Does this mean a new mayor and all new city officials? I soppose that could settle the strike.
Cheers,

msnoyb

Hola!

per LaJornada article dated 9/2/12, the city police force of Puerto Penasco went on strike on 9/1 due to salary dispute but so far cannot locate an update on said website.....shall continue looking for an update.......article states that the city will get help from the state police.....

GV Jack

Snorin God
Did you say the police are on strike. ON STRIKE???? Good God Almighty, I'm free at last.

Look out stop lights, stop signs and anything else in my way....I'm on my way.

See ya'll Wednesday...but be carefull. Be very carefull.

msnoyb

Did you say the police are on strike. ON STRIKE???? Good God Almighty, I'm free at last.

Look out stop lights, stop signs and anything else in my way....I'm on my way.

See ya'll Wednesday...but be carefull. Be very carefull.

Jajajajajaja......GV JACK......I'll try to stay out of your way!!!!! ;)

msnoyb

We were out on Wednesday and saw several police cars patrolling.

Hola gato......the article is dated 9/2 so it's possible that they went back to work or that the article is untrue, god knows the press never lies, jajajajajaja.....

msnoyb

Hola!

per LaJornada article dated 9/2/12, the city police force of Puerto Penasco went on strike on 9/1 due to salary dispute but so far cannot locate an update on said website.....shall continue looking for an update.......article states that the city will get help from the state police.....
MEA CULPA!!!!! MEA CULPA!!!!! MEA MAXIMA CULPA!!!!!!

The article I quoted was written in 2011, not 2012!!!!!!

I beg your pardon to everyone......believe me when I say that this is the first mistake I've ever made in my whole, entire life......( and if you believe that I have a bridge in sonoyta that I would like to sell you.)

:think: Mil disculpas......

They may be on strike again soon. When I was at the electric company (CFE) last week, a city worker was begging them not to turn off her power as she had not been paid in over 2 months. They told her no.

GV Jack

Snorin God
mea culpa!!!!! Mea culpa!!!!! Mea maxima culpa!!!!!!

The article i quoted was written in 2011, not 2012!!!!!!

I beg your pardon to everyone......believe me when i say that this is the first mistake i've ever made in my whole, entire life......( and if you believe that i have a bridge in sonoyta that i would like to sell you.)

:think: Mil disculpas......

bummer......

Roberto

Hey GV, send a couple of good clear photos, they want them out at the Military Stop so they can recognize you right away.

Roberto

They are preparing tire shredders for you, they will have video cameras set up with a facial recognition program that will trigger the tire shredders at the appropriate time. You might want to get 4 run flat tires on your vehicle and don't forget the steel plating for the doors and wear your Kevlar too. Oh, there is some talk of a drone too so wtch the sky !