Driving Down question

My brother in law is driving down for the first time and is very nervous of the drive..especially thru Sonoyta. I know some people meet up at gas station and caravan across but I am wondering if it is possible to time with shuttle service and follow it to rp OR does the shuttle service only leave from the mexico side. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. He is coming down on the 21st. Thx

Roberto

He could wait at the gas station in Lukeville and follow down an AZ plated vehicle with obvious tourists. All in all if he is in the daylight he should have no problem.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I take the way back way thru Sonoyta. Turn right at the first Circle K on the road to San Luis...Mexico 2, take the first left and then turn right at the marked sign to Puerto Penasco. Go a mile or so and you will come out on the road to Rocky Point...Take a right. This way you will avoid the downtown area...

mis2810

I get what you're saying about the shuttle. Call Transporte Supremo in Phoenix. 602-455-9522. They have 4 or 5 trips per day and hopefully they can tell you what time each one hits the border so your BIL can time it right and can follow them down. Hope this helps. :)

Estella

is very nervous of the drive..especially thru Sonoyta.
Why? Sonoyta is safer at night then Phoenix during the day! I am not joking, I am not being sarcastic. Only problem you may have is with local Police trying to get some bribe out of you. Drug cartel members have strict instructions not to mess with any tourists

Bob Oso

Why? Sonoyta is safer at night then Phoenix during the day! I am not joking, I am not being sarcastic. Only problem you may have is with local Police trying to get some bribe out of you. Drug cartel members have strict instructions not to mess with any tourists
I'm sorry, but that's a lot of generalization ya' got going there. Night in Sonoyta, v. day in Phoenix....C'mon. I'd lean more to cartel members don't want the hassle that comes along with messin' with Gringo's as opposed to being instructed.

If you want to join me, I have been many times to RPR just got back last week driving back to LA from Hermosillo trough RPR
I will be in Yuma overnight on the 11/11 riding to RPR next day
get in touch by email or cell [email protected] 818-398-3989
My name is Pin Barak