Fishing is Morua Estuary June

Long time lurker on the old forum. Went to the estuary this past week. 1st time there. The drive from Los Palomas had 2 different points where we wondered if we were going to the right place. I was doing it from memory from reading old posts. Tide was coming in. It was beautiful. I had to help wife and 2 kids (3&5) a lot so I didnt get as much fishing in as I'd like. In the few minutes I did fish, right where the estuary meets the ocean, I caught 2 approx 15in corvina on crocodile spoons. My wife caught a smaller fish that had a narrow body, with a roundish periphial view on a toy barbie pole with a white grub about 5 feet off the shore, we threw it back. The corvina was pretty tasty fried in butter.

I also took my surf casting rod and had it in the water for the couple hours we were at the estuary and did not get a bit on my bottom double rigged fresh pulpo from the Super Ley. I also threw the surf pole in 2 times by the Las Palomas and didnt get a single bite. Once at low tide, once at high. I thought something might be interested, but no. Anybody ever get anything on a surf rod on Sandy Beach? I dont know if there is nothing there, wrong bait, to much watersports or what.