Fishing report Feb 26th.

YumaJames

Well Known Member
Spent the night of the 25th out at Area 51 with a couple friends on my boat Amante. Small grouper, yellowtail, calico, sheep head, etc.

Tons of whales, couldn't even count em all.
Still working on roads around Safe Harbor.
Tried to buy fishing licenses in Rocky Point again at their gov't office, still don't have em.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kelney

Well Known Member
Great job. No WSB this trip? Did you experience any bites at night? I always heard the bite shuts down at night but never fished at night myself to really know. For fishing licenses I have used this place online the last few years:
http://apps.bcs.gob.mx/finanzas/finaweb/fonmar/index2.php

Sometimes you may run into problems but if you look at bloodydecks there are a few solutions to the problems that creep up.

YumaJames

Well Known Member
Unfortunately no WSB this trip, but we did get find some yellowtail. Versus bottom fish that fight for the first 30 seconds then are a "dead" pull the rest of the way, what an awesome fighting fish those yellowtail are. They fight all the way up, even when you get em in the boat. About a year ago we fished till about midnight, and I was amazed how much fish we caught after dark. The guys at Safe Marina always told me to fish at night, I was skeptical, but on that trip last year it really worked. That was the only previous time I've fished at night. On this trip we fished until about 9 pm, but as soon as it get dark the bite shut down. The last one we caught, which was at about 8 pm, was the above pictured grouper. Thank you for that above link, never seen that one before. I think it's so funny that in the last couple weeks twice I've walked into the gov't office in RP to buy a fishing license and can't because they don't have any. Hopefully the Navy will believe me if I get stopped!