LAT / LON, WAYPOINTS AND FISHING SPOTS....

Hi everyone,
Im new to this forum and planning a trip to rocky point over the 4th, last time i was there was in the late 70's, lately been fishing kino, mulege and the pacific side of baja and am clueless in regards to fishing spots off of rocky point.
Am not a trophy fisher and simply go out to feed myself and friends and very rarely bring anything home so its usually catch and release if its bigger than 10 or 15 lbs unless its tuna or dorado.
would anyone care to share a few waypoints for fishing spots within 25 miles of rocky point, im more of a sailor than power boater and it makes me nervous being more than 25 or 30 miles offshore in a power boat, i know some of you might think its silly since ive single handed across the Atlantic 5 times and in the early 90's took off and sailed a round the world... again, single handed...
its comforting to know that a traditional sailboat will always come right side up, no matter what, a power boat...well... and the sea of cortez can get nasty really fast.
Anyways, i have an aquasport 246 with cummins and am looking forward to discover what the upper cortez has to offer.
Eric

Most of what are given to you are not good. Do a couple of trips with the ponga guys to see where you need to go. Meet some other fishing folks and ask for a little help. You are more sure of getting some that do work

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Took me years to build my collection, but they are worth it. Still have many that I haven't even tried. I always try a new one every now and then just to see what's there. Most of the times, that would be nothing. Somebody MIGHT have a caught a fish there at somepoint, or there may have been structure (wreck, reef) now covered by shifting sands. Hard to know. I always scout the coordinates hard, coming from several different directions and fanning out a bit before I write them off as no bueno.