Lolitas

marybna

On my way back to AZ, we stopped here for lunch. We have eaten there before but I never bothered to post. Jack had the shrimp soup and thought it was great. I had the chimis and they were good. The prices are very reasonable and the place is big. I always check this site before I head down. It is very helpful for good cheap places to eat.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
On my way back to AZ, we stopped here for lunch. We have eaten there before but I never bothered to post. Jack had the shrimp soup and thought it was great. I had the chimis and they were good. The prices are very reasonable and the place is big. I always check this site before I head down. It is very helpful for good cheap places to eat.
I saw a sign in a restaurant, in Phoenix that said "Good food ain't cheap and cheap food ain't good". in lolita's case thats not a true statement, Tuesday's I think it is, they make a vegetable/beef soup that is delicious. In Penasco, there is a lot of good cheap food, It all has to do with the cook and seasoning's and freshness of what is being cooked.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I LOVE Lolita's!!!! Their number one dinner... Grease and salt and crunchy with crema media! Yum Yum!

mis2810

Maybe we'll give it a shot at the end of the month. So far most of the recommendations from this board have been goods ones. Especially La Cita!

dwig222

Try them for breakfast. They have a new menu. I had chorizo and eggs. It came with potatoes (french fries), beans, salad garnish, tortillas and a cup of fruit. It was $4.50. It must have been three scrambled eggs because it was so big. We eat breakfast out when we are in RP and eat at Lolita's just about every day. They have really good machca too. You can also get omlets, sausage, ham, bacon, pancakes, etc.

Roberto

I'll have to try it again. Ate there one time and Ana ordered a steak. It smelled so rotten that I could smell it across the table. It had been dosed with oregano to cover up the rot smell. The smell is still in my nose every time I look at the restaurant so I have not been back !!!

Roberto

True but it was on the menue and Ana always ordered steak. It was so bad the cook and the waiter had to know it was bad from the smell.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I've eaten there quite a few times over the years, even before, when it was the cocina express or whatever it was called, in the little building next door to the new place. I've eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner in there and I have never gotten a bad meal once. Get a number one, crunchy, salty and covered in Monterey cheese! Yum Yum!

Terry C

Roberto, I wonder about that sometimes if a place is slow when you go out to eat. Is the meat (steaks, burgers, etc) frozen and then they nuke it to cook it or is in a refg until someone orders it. we have never had a problem on bad food in all the years coming here. Where is the wood to knock on....

Chef Mickey's steaks were great last week I took my wife there for her birthday...

Roberto

I guess that stuck out in my mind because after eating in places all over Sonora it was the only time I ever got really bad food. Marginal food, of course, but not like that. I am sure that it is not a policy of Lolitas or the management to serve decomposed food like that.