Mary's on the Malecon

We just spent 7 days in Puerto Penasco and ate at Mary's at least five times. Loved the seafood, the wait staff, the roving musicians, the cleanliness of the restaurant, the view of the water, the vendors below, the coffee house next door with the patio above it. It had everything. You can spend as little as $1.50 on one delicious fish taco or as much as $40 on a huge seafood plate that feeds four. Although I know the plate that feeds two for $20 would have fed the three of us.

I always try to eat there when I'm down....always have leftovers from the seafood platter. The Seafood soup in aluminum foil is great. The staff is also very good....particularly Roxanne!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Sorry you guys, I finally made it to Mary's on Saturday night and was not super impressed. The food was good, I had the breaded fish but Ramon's is better. I forget what Kathy had; she said it was good but not enough to go back.

I think Mary's is the best - the seafood platter is huge and you can probably feed 4 on the 2 person platter. Plus the $1.50 fish tacos are a great deal too - they are grilled not fried, come with avocado and are delicious. The staff is friendly and eager to please.

Sorry you guys, I finally made it to Mary's on Saturday night and was not super impressed. The food was good, I had the breaded fish but Ramon's is better. I forget what Kathy had; she said it was good but not enough to go back.
Next time try the combo platter or the Seafood soup in aluminum foil.....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
What's on the combo platter? How many of you will have to come help me eat it?

I just don't like seafood soup. Maybe if I'm there with some of you and you order it. I can taste it. I've had bad seafood soup but I don't know if it's me or them.

Last edited:
The combo platter has 4 things you can mix and match - breaded fish, breaded shrimp, garlic fish, garlic shrimp and scallops. Also comes with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and avocado and tortillas. I'm getting hungry just writing this post.

L

Leenie

This is one of our regular haunts when we go to mexico. Personally I get the ceviche or seafood cocktail mexican style. Its a great place to feed alot of people for little money

Wow, I started this and now reading your replies, I am really getting hungry again. As I have said on several threads, we just can't wait to come back. The earliest will be mid September. Darn!

If any of you go to Mary's on the Malecon, would you write down my email and name and give it to Raymundo or Roxanne.

janet at [email protected]

I want them to write to me.

Thanks

Julie...if you like seafood stews/soups (like 7 sea soups, alhough theirs is only 4 sea), try their seafood soup in aluminum foil.....um..um...good....spicy and steaming hot!

Funny, I'm one of those people who only eats stews/soups in the winter.............for some reason, I just can't bring myself to do it any other time!! But I'll sample yours Joe!!