Me

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, it's been 8 days since my upper GI, still no meds cause the damn insurance company wants to see the labs instead if trusting the Gastrointerologist who has seen many cases of this. I haven't eaten anything since Sat, haven't worked this week and started throwing up this morning. Called the doc 4 times this morning. No call back. I'm still grateful it wasn't cancer but come on....Sorry for the whining, family......

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
You work for the State, don't you? Good insurance I assume? I if you don't get a resolution by the end of the day, you need to call your HR dept or who ever handles the insurance at your job, and have them rattle some cages.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, the Dr's office just called 2 minutes ago and said the labs came back with H Pylori, just like my GI told me 8 days ago. So the insurance company gracioucly decided to allow me medication..Sorry if I sound bitter. Bitch is so not like me.....I'm so sick of being sick.....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I don't even know what it is. They had to give me something I've never heard of because I'm allergic to all the cillins. I tried to google it but got brain trauma trying to read it. And I have 2 college degrees......I'm really sick....

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Sounds like this is a job for tequila-cillin!! Unless, of course, they are Mexican bacteria... then they might like it!! :puff:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh, you guys don't want to see me on tequila cillin.... I learned that 30 years ago on an all you can drink Margarita sunset cruise in Guaymas. You have no idea how much I can drink. For real, what happened in Mexico is gonna stay in Mexico!!!!!! LOL! No mas tequila for me.....

Landshark

Well Known Member
Well, the Dr's office just called 2 minutes ago and said the labs came back with H Pylori, just like my GI told me 8 days ago. So the insurance company gracioucly decided to allow me medication..Sorry if I sound bitter. Bitch is so not like me.....I'm so sick of being sick.....
Allow me to do your bitching for you. I wonder how long it would have taken the Insurance Company's claim handler to approve the meds if they were the one that was sick. Certainly not 8 days, more like 8 minutes. They have no sense of urgency when they aren't sick & in pain. It's all about the Insurance Company's bottom line. I'll bet they give their claim handlers a bonus for denying treatment & meds, & getting away with it. If they play the game long enough, we won't need it because we will have croaked. Be a victory for them. Yeah, I just love Insurance Companys...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
If I ever get wet well, believe me, I will pitch a bitch. I can't even get in the Jeep now....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh my friggin' God! I just called Walgreen's to see if my med was ready and they told me I had 4 scripts for the same med being prepared. What is wrong with these people.......And it's just gonna get worse.....

Landshark

Well Known Member
Oh my friggin' God! I just called Walgreen's to see if my med was ready and they told me I had 4 scripts for the same med being prepared. What is wrong with these people.......And it's just gonna get worse.....
I'll take one of them off your hands! That ceviche did kinda mess me up...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh my extra frigging God! There are 168 pills I have to take 12 a day for 14 days and they cost my insurance company 1100 dollars....I have no words.

Kea

Well Known Member
I'm so glad the insurance did agree to pay. My policy has a $5000 deductible -- so that bill would have been mine! But maybe they would have let me ha the drugs 8 days earlier?

Here's hoping all those pills do the trick. Get well soon.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Makesureyou take acidolphilus as it really helps when you are taking high doses of antibiotics.
Excellent suggestion, WT. I had to take a powerful antibiotic for an infection after surgery and that stuff really helped. Also, yogurt helps.

Get well soon kiddo.