My old used furniture

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hi gang,
I brought all my patio furniture and barbecue home from PP in May of '07 when they closed Miramar RV park. We are planning on bringing it back on Oct. 8th and 14th, yes there is that much. I have an old datsun pickup bed sized utility trailer. I am also bringing down power tools so Jerry can do the work on the deck. I am now a little worried, even tho everything is used and the tools are mine and used. Should I declare or just get pulled over and have to tell my story with the possibility of being turned back.....:???::aagh:

Last edited:

Esperanza

Ok, I'll bite...LOL You should stop and declare. Reason being, if you don't and you get caught, it will be wayyyyyy worse for you! The tax you pay if you get caught will be much higher. You can bring items for "personal use", but don't think all of that will qualify. Need to check and see what the $$ limit is for "Personal Use Items".

I'm sure Lagrimas will have the answer! Roberto is very knowledgeable as well.

I seem to recall there was a recent post on this same issue. Good Luck!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, that's what I thought but these are all used items that were there before......I'm gonna get caught 'cause there'll be stuff hanging out of my trailer, LOL! but I wasn't sure because I didn't pay for any of it, I had it at the other place. You're right, stop and declare and if it is unneccssary, they will let me go..... If anybody has the definitive answer, let me know. Otherwise I'm declaring.

playaperro

El Pirata
Ok Declare say they are worth $150 two people in the car $50 bucks each tax free pay tax on fifty bucks =12 bucks.

Roberto

I'd write a list of the items and the value of the used stuff to present then declare. Some people even make up a dummy reciept. How much would you get for the stuff at a yard sale up there? If the stuff looks new and the price you quote is low they might be unhappy but if it's clearly used and not in the best conditon I would not worry too much. I would not declare the power tools or BBQ. If you declare and pay, keep the receipt just in case you do it again !!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
My patio furniture is beat up. We are going to sand and paint it when we get it there. The barbecue is even worse. If I don't declare the barbecue or power tools and they find it, what happens then? The power tools are worth a lot of money.....They are used, tho. Everything except the power tools came from Mexico.......

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Lj, pull into the declare side, simply explain ( I know you speak perfect spanish) your situation with Mirador trailer park closing and you were forced to bring back some of your belongings to the states, tell them the tool's are your personel property and used for work. I dont think you will have any problem's and they probably won't tax anything. If that doesn't work have them call me @ 638-555-5555 and I will straighten them out for you.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
One other thing, just because you declare, doesn't mean when you pull back thru the red light, green light lane that they can't search you again, especially if you get the red light. IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME DON'T DO THE CRIME. I'm kidding LJ.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ha Ha, Bill! I suppose the 638 555 5555 number is kidding too.....

Yeah, that is what I had decided to do...go thru the declare lane. This is one time I am REAL glad that I speak passable Spanish!

Thanks everybody for all your help!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Don'i worry Lj, have fun They are not going to send you back or take anything. LJ about 2 months ago I posted about crossing a new gas engine, a new water pump and a gas air compressor. The tax was 360.00 peso's, in the bed of my pickup there was also a 50# bag of dog food, they never said a word about it.

playaperro

El Pirata
You hillbilly's crack me up, you can always buy new plastic resin patio furniture that breaks when its gets old and you don't have to keep it forever...

playaperro

El Pirata
Just for reference,If you buy mexican wood tables and chair's or what ever, you can not import them back into mexico.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Anything that is wood is alway's a problem, because of possible wood boring insect's, when lumber crosses from the U.S. it requires a certificate of origen and a HT stamp to show the lumber has been properly prepared for export and also requires you to import it at a port with a Mexican Forest Service inspector on duty, Mexicali or San Luis are 2 of these ports. Still try it LJ probably still will cross. How did you know that A.C.?