New service to PP

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Ok everybody, this is what I have been up to in the last few month and I would like to have your input as well as your help.
We are starting a shuttle service between Tucson and PP and hoping that Labor Day will be our maiden voyage.
This is what I need from you guys, go to my website www.RockyPointRides.com and go thru the different pages, we are trying to offer as much information as we can or get of anything to do with PP, with or without a website, if you know of anything interesting and no website please give me the name address and phone and I will added to my site.
Also if you have pictures of PP from back when, Kenny or Chuck!!! or any other time and you would like to show it, sent it to me and I will posted and put a caption with your name.
If you are a business owner and have a website please lets reciprocate and if you see your link in my site already, lets exchange links, play it forward!! it works!!

Kenny

Well Known Member
I like the site guy's:sunny:

You guy's are full of surprises, aren't you? I sure hope you get everything you are hoping for with it, and then some!

I'll see what I can dig up for you.

Kenny

Last edited:

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
Eduardo & Alicia,

Muchas felicidades! The site look wonderful. Here's wishing you all the success you can possibly imagine. I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll do well and that rockypointrides.com will soon have a booming business.

I have one little suggestion for your website. On "About Us" you really should have a picture of you guys. Not only are you a very attractive couple, but it just gives that personal touch...c'mon, don't be shy.

Again, congratulations. We'll be seeing you soon...and hopefully often!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Jim, it is fixed, sorry I just did not even noticed that minor detail,
Kenny, with us "Surprise" is our middle name!! and do not forget to dig down and deep for some of those old pictures of PP, I know you have a collection on the attic!!!
Rosie, thanks a lot, we are getting all the lettering for the van tomorrow so the picture is coming, we were waiting for those letters for the pro look in the pic.

GringoZona

Well Known Member
I wish more of these Penasco businesses would join Facebook. Heh, then post UPDATES! ;)

It's really amazing how fast word about your products/services can spread. Free networking--your prospects are just sitting there waiting for your introduction.

*As far as the shuttle service goes, I can't tell you how many Penasco virgins there still are in Tucson--many of them Hispanic! There's a lot of this "not taking my car down there!" attitude, which is hilarious, as there's only a couple of ways out of town. And once you add up the $25 a day mandatory insurance for rentals, the shuttle route is so much more practical for outta' towners flying in for, let's say, the big Circus Mexicus weekend. OR, for those who are not very confident about a long drive in their older car during the summer months. I don't blame 'em--who wants to pay for a tow inside of Mexico and beyond? Or get service from a mechanic you've never met? I'd somehow gently mention these advantages to the shuttle option somewhere in your ads/Web site.

**And before debating on which picture of yourselves to put on the site, I'd get a photo up of the van. Exterior & interior. Year, make, model. People (especially the seniors, one of your target demos) want to know this kind of thing if they're paying that much.

***ALSO, noticed it only had the option to pick up at your home. As Tucson is so spread out, it might benefit you (and the thrifty shopper) to offer a discounted rate if you pick up/drop off at a central location. For example, AZ Shuttle picks up at a gas station at 6th/Park just down from the UA Stadium and that seems to work well for everyone. (That Circle K on Speedway/Park, for example, has a huuuge parking lot. It's a win for both parties as they get extra business from people standing around, waiting for the shuttle or picking someone up.)

Hah, ok, enough of my two cents. Can you tell I've been waiting for one of these in Tucson for a while? It's about time!

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Gringo Zona I am not sure if I am supposed to be insulted or not. I really do wish more Penasco businesses would post on Facebook. Its a great way to generally speaking stay in touch and keep people updated.

GringoZona

Well Known Member
Russ--sorry, typo, somehow that first line was posted twice. Yes, I'm encouraging MORE people to get on Facebook! AND, once you're on there, post some updates here and there, let us know what's happening with your business, specials, etc. Often times I just see that an account was created for a bar or something and their "wall" is bare, nothing posted for months. Take some pics of customers or whatever, post it. Drum up some interest!

Parrothead

Inka... sweet site... thank you for the inclusion and I will be adding your link to our www.rockypointclassroom.com and www.rockypointboattrips.com websites...

I will be sure to spread the news by word of mouth as well... your service will give more people an easy affordable option to get away to Rocky Point... wish you the best and much success... amigo :sunny:
Seadweller, we have a restaurant/bar in Old Port, we get many requests for boat trips and etc, but was not aware of your business, if you have some brochures please drop them off as we will be glad to give out. We will be glad to put a link on our web site for your boat trip operation, check us out at www.thethirstyparrot.net.
Thanks

Parrothead

Ok everybody, this is what I have been up to in the last few month and I would like to have your input as well as your help.
We are starting a shuttle service between Tucson and PP and hoping that Labor Day will be our maiden voyage.
This is what I need from you guys, go to my website www.RockyPointRides.com and go thru the different pages, we are trying to offer as much information as we can or get of anything to do with PP, with or without a website, if you know of anything interesting and no website please give me the name address and phone and I will added to my site.
Also if you have pictures of PP from back when, Kenny or Chuck!!! or any other time and you would like to show it, sent it to me and I will posted and put a caption with your name.
If you are a business owner and have a website please lets reciprocate and if you see your link in my site already, lets exchange links, play it forward!! it works!!
We have a bar/restaurant in Old Port and we are glad that you have taken on this endeaver at this time. We will be glad to add your link to our website, check us out at www.thethirstyparrot.net also if you have brochures please drop them off and we will pass along. Good luck in your new venture..

Parrothead

Hi Russ

Hi, but this is Terry, Cathi is now in Vegas however, for a much needed 10 rest, if you can rest while in Vegas.
We will be in touch as to what we can contribute to the cause, also, if you need any relief help or gofer help while in Vegas, let me know and I will stay here to assist in any way.

Seadweller, we have a restaurant/bar in Old Port, we get many requests for boat trips and etc, but was not aware of your business, if you have some brochures please drop them off as we will be glad to give out. We will be glad to put a link on our web site for your boat trip operation, check us out at www.thethirstyparrot.net.
Thanks

Thank you... I've been meaning to stop in and see you guys, if I can stay out of the water for awhile...

by the way I've known Oscar for quite a few years, and I was a big fan of the Linda Vista for it's food and the Linda Vista...

and I'm sure I will feel the same way about the Thirsty Parot after I visit...

Last edited:

jerry

Well Known Member
Wow you moved fast! When i saw you in downtown Tucson last month I wouldn't have guessed it would be rolling this fast. I talked to the one of the owners at Santo Tomas and he wondered if you would take groups down there for special occasions (weddings etc.)

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Gringozona, thanks for the suggestions, however the pickup location is kind of hard to do, to much redtape and stricter new regulations as to what to have or not in a pick-up location, believe it or not it is a lot cheaper to drive around and pick-up passenger at their doors, more like a taxi does.
As far as the info in the website we have the most updated information as of the begging of August 09 and updates keep happening thanks to all of you guys that keep us alert of what is going on in PP when we are not down there or have time to check things for updates.
Our main idea is to bring tourist to PP at large , however we will be offering special deals or packages with businesses of the Playa Mirador area to bring back the tourisim that the new developments (or as ~~~HAPPY~~~ will say PIGEON COOPS) in Sandy Beach has taken away from this area.
Jerry, last month when I saw you was the beggining of the end of all the burocracy needs, it has been a few months of research and putting all this together, sure thing must suck to be a taxi and having to go trhu all this paperwork just to ride around town, at least I get to go to the beach!!!
Thank you all for your comments and please do not stop there continue giving us critizism, good or bad, the way I see it it is the best way to improve!!

Last edited:
A

azbeachboy

Eduardo,
Maybe you could add a link on how to get a passport? Good luck and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.