Paying CFE electric bill

Terry C

We are very close to being hooked up on the grid in Encanto. The transformer is there now. I'm trying to get a head start for everyone there on different ways to pay.

How do you pay your CFE bill? I understand it is every two months. Someone told me you could set up an account at Compas bank in the US and go to Bancomer and have the account attached in Mexico. Compas bank is Mexican owned.

Terry C

OH, and it someone has directions from say the Pemex by Las Conchas. Everyone in Encanto needs to apply for a meter at CFE once the electric is turned on. Thanks

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
OH, and it someone has directions from say the Pemex by Las Conchas. Everyone in Encanto needs to apply for a meter at CFE once the electric is turned on. Thanks
I have 6 meters or accounts with CFE, there are more than a few places you can pay but if you have pesos and your bill in hand it is easy to go the the main CFE office and use their ATM you simply waive the bill in front of the kiosk and then insert your pesos and change into the machine it gives you a paid receipt and your change. Or if you want to stand in line you can go into the lobby get your place in line ticket and hand your money to the cashier, the ATM Kiosk is way faster. Go early in the day and there is no line go in the afternoon and wait a long time FYI

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
We are very close to being hooked up on the grid in Encanto. The transformer is there now. I'm trying to get a head start for everyone there on different ways to pay.

How do you pay your CFE bill? I understand it is every two months. Someone told me you could set up an account at Compas bank in the US and go to Bancomer and have the account attached in Mexico. Compas bank is Mexican owned.
I wrote this a while back, hope it helps.
http://www.rockypointassist.com/contracting-electricity-in-rocky-point-2/

Unless your full time down there...its just alot easier to have a bill paying company pay it. We use Patty at Mexico Bonito Realty. I think she charges like $40 a year...but she pays our electic, water, trust and phone bills.

Bob Oso

Unless your full time down there...its just alot easier to have a bill paying company pay it. We use Patty at Mexico Bonito Realty. I think she charges like $40 a year...but she pays our electic, water, trust and phone bills.
We've used Patty as well for years. With all the same services listed above. Never a problem, highly recomend.

El Gato

How do you set up for auto deduct? We just opened a peso account. We are down here full time. Trying to learn some Spanish (DH is trying to remember his 3 years of college Spanish) - but when in 70's it just doesn't want to stick all that well (well, probably the same in my 20's too).

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Go to the CFE office on Benito Juarez and they will help you. If you can wait a day or 2 I will send someone by the Cfe office and see if there is a form we can pick up ahead of time and get the form to you with a translation.

El Gato

Go to the CFE office on Benito Juarez and they will help you. If you can wait a day or 2 I will send someone by the Cfe office and see if there is a form we can pick up ahead of time and get the form to you with a translation.
Thank you so much - everyone is really great at helping.

Terry C

Another form of payment is taking the bill to Bancomer and they can pay from there. They will give you a paid receipt. Also if you set up an account they can debit your electric bill every two months with CFE.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Another form of payment is taking the bill to Bancomer and they can pay from there. They will give you a paid receipt. Also if you set up an account they can debit your electric bill every two months with CFE.
CFE has changed the procedure, the bank will set the auto pay up for you. Take a recent CFE bill to the bank and they will give you the form to fill out and sign and then they will do the rest. They may ask you to keep a minimul amount of money in the account, for us its 3000 pesos.

auto deduct

The auto deduct i have set up with my bank, Banorte is great for the CFE bill, i just put money in my account every couple months and bill shows up auto paid....never have to worry about the electricity being cut (here they are strict if you forget to pay bill) and don't have to wait in line etc... had set up for a couple of years now and never had an issue, also have my house phone bill set up same way......

El Gato

Yesterday I went into Bancomar with a copy of our CEF bill and account number - they filled out a form for me for an automatic payment for our electric bill from our peso account. They said it could be a payment cycle or two before it was in effect and to check our bill - that it would indicate when the electronic payment was in place - and until it was to go ahead a pay it the regular way. It was very easy and the bank was very helpful (if I understood everything correctly).

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
It appears you can now pay your CFE electric bill with a visa or m/c. Has anyone tried paying this way with their american issued cc?