Red Cross

AZ ROB

Last 3 times thru the border both coming and going we have not seen the Red Cross.
Are we just missing them or are they not out there as much?

I've only seen them once in that last 4-5 trips...and that was at Sonoita....haven't seen them at the first light coming into town for ages!

Terry C

They are all trying to help that lady out at the border with the walker, matching clothes and the evil look when you say no...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Now that was funny...

Not so funny... I keep spare change, pesos and US change, in one of the cupholders in my truck. Always give some to the Red Cross, occasionally to kids and such. Last trip, at the stoplight at the footbridge in Rocky Point, a kid approached me asking for money for comida. I reached into the cupholder and grabbed some miscellaneous change and put it in his cup. He reached into the cup and pulled out a couple of pennies that were with the other change I dropped in his cup. He threw them back at me through the window of my truck screaming "NO PENNIES!!!" He then took off.

I couldn't even believe it. Apparently beggars can be choosers! Little bastard...

Kenny

The first time a kid approached me to buy Chiclets , instead of wanting to clean my windshield, I knew it was the end of a era. They were out, and I stopped and gave both coming and going on my trip down last month. There is also a group that collects for NA and AA that I try to tallk to when I can. It not only helps, it brings good luck. Maybe that's why they didn't get your truck Stuart. You never know.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Now, that was funny Stuart!

And, I always give money to the Red Cross. You just never know.......

V

VacationVanessa

Same here. I always make sure that have some one dollar bills when we cross the border for the Red Cross and such. Just good karma.

Slightly unrelated story: I was once out shopping for some glasses to bring back and this adorable little girl asked me to buy some of those paper flowers. I asked her if she had to sell all of them today. She said yes but when she was done she could go play. I bought her whole armful and she about burst. She hugged me and ran off to go play. They were in my kitchen pot shelf for years and I loved them.

D

doeadeer

I was there a few weeks back and wondered the same thing....I didn't see them just across the border as usual. But, I did see them stopping both sides of traffic on the main road there (sorry, I forget the name of it). I was out looking for a bank, and had to get directions...from like 5 different people because I still couldn't find the bank I wanted!! So...I passed them like 5 different times....and they wanted money each time....I just held up my sticker and kept going!!

L

Leenie

We always keep some change in the car for when the Red Cross is soliciting donations but lately it has been hit and miss if they are on the roads. I just figured with the lack of Americans traveling they were only hitting more major weekends. The Red Cross has helped me and my friends out several times in various emergencies. I figure that I am just paying for the inevitable need of their service that will happen at sometime in the future.

don

Shame the kid showed no gratitude.

No Red Cross Sunday at Noon, only collection booth for a new kindergarten school.

They are all trying to help that lady out at the border with the walker, matching clothes and the evil look when you say no...
Yeah...she doesn't have that sign that she's collecting for an eye operation anymore....must have had it already....she's been soliciting for several years now.:rofl: