Rescue!

Friday afternoon while my wife and I headed to the beach to get a line in, my sister her hubby and our friends Bob and Elle went to get some food.
On the way to meet up with us they saw a little white flash hiding in a bush. Intrigued they stopped and Bob found a puppy.
Poor thing covered with fleas and all alone. She appears to be a Chihuahua Terrier mix.
They couldn't take it, we had to save this one.
They brought her back to the Casitas and went to get shampoo and food. After giving her a bath they took her to the Vet and got her her shots and some industrial strength flea powder. According to the vet she is roughly 8 weeks. But she behaves as though she were a trained adult dog.
She is the sweetest thing, she wines to go out to pee, and lets us know when she is hungry. She comes when called and loves, loves loves. She looks like a little moon by all of our big black dogs.
So today "Luna" crossed the border with us becoming an official member of our extended families and an American citizen. ;)
With out any further ado, say hello to Baby Luna.

You have no idea how happy this makes me! I wish I could take them all home. Luna is a lucky girl! She will bring you years of joy.
She is so smart. She slept and dealt with the long ride like she has been doing it for years and did not pee or get sick in my vehicle. I think she is fully aware of her turn of fortune.

JimMcG

Lucky dog. We did the same thing many years ago and she just recently died at 16 years old. She definitely knew who her friends were and was incredibly protective of the family.

Roberto

Nice! You will never regret that. You will not find a more loyal, intelligent dog than one adopted from the streets in Mexico. The supply is apparently unlimited. You have several options. Let me know is you are interested in adopting or becoming a foster parent while you look for a new home in the US.

image.jpg Rescued this one about the same age here at RP roaming the street a few years ago. She was all ribs, full of flees and ticks, skin problems and dirty. Watched as she almost was a pan cake, so did the same! Took her to a local vet for "the works"....
Took her for a cold one at Max's a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

GV Jack

Snorin God
View attachment 7582 Rescued this one about the same age here at RP roaming the street a few years ago. She was all ribs, full of flees and ticks, skin problems and dirty. Watched as she almost was a pan cake, so did the same! Took her to a local vet for "the works"....
Took her for a cold one at Max's a few weeks ago.
Two great things in one photo. A great pooch and Max's famous Bloody Mary. Wish I were there to share both.

Terry C

This is Sharika a rescue dog we got over a year ago. She was about a year old in this picture the best they vets could tell. She was on her way to the place dogs don't want to go and Karen rescued her from the truck!!!! We had a couple of issues in the beginning and here recently but she is a sweet little girl and very healthy now. Since she knew her name we kept it. She loved her new home in Playa Encanto and the US .

10392382.jpg

Terry C

Best bet is to go to one of the rescue shelters. They nurse them back to good health (if need be) and then adopt them out

you tend to find a variety of mixed breeds in PP. That's what makes some of them so unique.
Just curious, how do you catch these little suckers. I would think you stand a good chance of getting bit.
I agree with Terry, above. Nancy Phelan or Barb's Dog Rescue, for example, would be able to hand over a healthy rescue as well as know something of its temperament.