Road Trip

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Headed out of Peñasco on a road trip this morning with several other explorers.

Spending the night in Guaymas and a wonderful old Hacienda Style Hotel.

Heading to Alamos for 3 nights one of the most beautiful places ever.

I hope to be able to post some pics while we are on the road.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Yes we left Peñasco at 8:00 and had a very nice drive to Guaymas, we checked in to the Playa de Cortes an 86 year old fantastic old structure built just above Bacochibampo bay. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. We got up the next morning and drove to the Armida Inn and had their breakfast buffet, this is a local place very popular here.

After breakfast we had a fast trip to Alamos we arrived at just before 1:00 pm and spent the day wandering around and taking in some of the sights. We will see what tomorrow holds but we will be walking the town from top to bottom. We need to walk as we have been eating very well. Hope to post a few pics here although I must say facebook makes it easy, I know some of you dont use it. More to come.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Love Alamos and Playa de Cortes. My husband and I went to the hotel 33 years ago in July. We got a huge suite for $15 (it was hot and July) overlooking the beautiful bay, but we'll never forget the Playa de Cortes. We had spent our honeymoon 4 months earlier in Maui and thought the view was equally as beautiful.

YumaJames

Well Known Member
Thanks for posting about the Playa de Cortes hotel, nice to hear about people's warm memories and current good times. I haven't been to Guaymas yet and been wanting to go, and to get the opportunity to stay in an 86 year old hotel with beautiful views is the bait I needed. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

HILL BOY

Well Known Member
Yes we left Peñasco at 8:00 and had a very nice drive to Guaymas, we checked in to the Playa de Cortes an 86 year old fantastic old structure built just above Bacochibampo bay. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. We got up the next morning and drove to the Armida Inn and had their breakfast buffet, this is a local place very popular here.

After breakfast we had a fast trip to Alamos we arrived at just before 1:00 pm and spent the day wandering around and taking in some of the sights. We will see what tomorrow holds but we will be walking the town from top to bottom. We need to walk as we have been eating very well. Hope to post a few pics here although I must say facebook makes it easy, I know some of you dont use it. More to come.
N

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
playa de cortes hotel.jpg
Playa de Cortes Bacochibampo Bay

a bacochibampo.jpg
Bacochibampo

crested saguaro.jpg
Crested Saguaro at Playa de Cortes

a yaqui.jpg
A giant Yaqui statue near Obregon Sonora 32 meters tall

alamos mirador 2.jpg
Alamos overlook

alamos mirador.jpg

alamos train.jpg
One of the many ways to get around town Alamos

Alamos movie.jpg
We were invited to do a photo shoot and a small part in a movie in Alamos

los santos dinner.jpg
Finale dinner at Hacienda de los Santos Alamos

San Carlos Marina.jpg
San Carlos Marina, we stayed in the hotel in the background

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Great post. Love the pictures too. It's crazy how much pictures help a post. It's one thing to read about a place but seeing the pictures is awesome. I hope to get to San Carlos one day. Looks amazing. Thanks for posting the pics amigo.