Rocky Point in the news again

Pinky

Quoted from the article...."Construction on the massive project is in full swing and it has the backing of the Mexican federal government which has already spent 190 million pesos for the first phase and has committed 300-million pesos this year; that equates to roughly $360,000,000 U.S. dollars."

Somebody better check their math!

Construction stopped? As we were leaving this morning around 7:30 no trucks and no equipment moving also they shut down early last night on work at the Pier??? what up!

Must have run out of Diesel last night late start today. Good to see they are back @ it thanks for the reply, sometimes you never know.

jerry

We have a front row seat from Esmeralda
What a year from your balcony...helicopter gunships now this ......as a great man once said:
"The remedy, right now, is two scotches and an aspirin, I think."

—Boston Bruins general manager Harry Sinden after the Bruins were knocked out of the playoffs.

ben21

We have a front row seat from Esmeralda
Wow that already looks terrible. Couldn't they have put this monstrosity somewhere else out of the way? Maybe out by the airport? Generally they don't build cruise ship home ports on nice beaches with condos. (See Long Beach, Galveston, NYC, etc)

Wow that already looks terrible. Couldn't they have put this monstrosity somewhere else out of the way? Maybe out by the airport? Generally they don't build cruise ship home ports on nice beaches with condos. (See Long Beach, Galveston, NYC, etc)
Makes sense to me to put the port there. After all, that area -- I call it "Vegas" -- attracts high density, high services, high-rise lifestyle. Out by the airport attracts those who prefer seclusion, kids in the sand, dogs on the beach, toes in the water.

jerry

Makes sense to me to put the port there. After all, that area -- I call it "Vegas" -- attracts high density, high services, high-rise lifestyle. Out by the airport attracts those who prefer seclusion, kids in the sand, dogs on the beach, toes in the water.
It is strange....You would think The Mayan had more pull than Brown etc.....

ben21

I've been to three "home ports" in my life (the ones listed above). The area surrounding these ports hardly resembles "Vegas" with high services, high rise lifesyle, etc. It's industrial with parking lots, shipping containers, etc

I've been to three "home ports" in my life (the ones listed above). The area surrounding these ports hardly resembles "Vegas" with high services, high rise lifesyle, etc. It's industrial with parking lots, shipping containers, etc
Of course it is not comparable to Vegas. I use the term "high" in perspective, and the term "Vegas" facetiously.

playaperro

El Pirata
You must be a Merchant Marine, going to those lovely places!