Squatters on the road to Las Conchas?

JoseAz

Anyone know whats going on along the west side of the road between Freemont and the entrance to Las Conchas? It looks like little lots have been laid out behind the curb. 3 really old beat up trailers have been set and a small hut is being built near the school. We cant tell if anyone is living there but a couple of trailers have palm trees planted in the "yard".

Roberto

I do not have the hard facts but based on what I know this is what I guess. That large parcel that those smaller fenced lots sit on was planned to be a large home development. Up until a few years ago it was mostly estuary but the developer somehow got the OK to fill it in. Possibly was done withut permits. I used to live on the western edge of that large parcel and could hear the earthmovers clanking all day long. That development never got off the ground other than filling in the estuary. You may recall seeing large concrete markers spaced around. Now for the guessing part. That developer had a modis operandi of taking land owners in as a partner on a development with promises of big riches as the development was sold. Then taking in partners to start the development and depending on income from sales to finish it. Clearly all that never happened. There is a title somewhere and I wonder whose name is on that. All this mess puts a cloud on the ownership of the land. It appears to me that at the present time an Ejido group has made claim on the land. Probably was an ejido at one time as was most of Penasco. Ejido land is typically divided into parcels for land used of the members of the ejido, hence those small, fenced lots. The fencing was put in by a large group of local people. The trailers and structures are a way of helping establish and supporting ownership claims of the land. Absent any counterclaims and court action best guess is it will revert to ejido status. Possible it has never been properly taken out of ejido status.

Now maybe someone will have the actual facts. Carnak whadda ya know? John Walz may have something to say as there is a large 'for sale' billboard with his name on it. There is an arrow pointing in the direction of the large parcel and contact info.

They are moving the home port. closer to new rock quarry. Dredging to start December 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know whats going on along the west side of the road between Freemont and the entrance to Las Conchas? It looks like little lots have been laid out behind the curb. 3 really old beat up trailers have been set and a small hut is being built near the school. We cant tell if anyone is living there but a couple of trailers have palm trees planted in the "yard".
That's going to be a major eyesore for the jewel of Sonora!

JoseAz

From the Las Conchas board of directors:
The area on the west side of the road between Fremont and Las Conchas has been claimed by an eijido granted by the Agarian Court out of Mexico City. Those "plots" are individuals claiming a piece of this ejido. This land is owned by Sr. Augustine Cortez. He has started legal proceedings to challenge this ruling and reverse it.

rplarry

From the Las Conchas board of directors:
The area on the west side of the road between Fremont and Las Conchas has been claimed by an eijido granted by the Agarian Court out of Mexico City. Those "plots" are individuals claiming a piece of this ejido. This land is owned by Sr. Augustine Cortez. He has started legal proceedings to challenge this ruling and reverse it.
Interpretation: "Get used to seeing the squatters for about 10 years, the length of time to run through the Mexican court system."

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
They're not squatters, it was taken away from cortes, by the federal government and given to the ejido members and is part of Jerry's Land Grab Gigante...and it probably will be in court at least 10 years as Larry stated or more, but the suit probably will be againt the federal government...They put up shacks not to live in, but to show possesion...alot of the "squatters" probably are very well off..

No that is where I meant it to be LOL Los Conchas is closer to the new Rock Quarry and the squatters are moving in to get a piece of the action for a new Home Port

MIRAMAR

I was one hoping the Home Port would have been in the Mirador area (no we don't own property there), so I like Hill Boy's idea!