Thanksgiving weekend roll call – v.2013

joester

2 salty dawgs
ok - keeping with what is now has become an annual post:
it’s now exactly 6 years ago I started this thread. We're planning our return, and can't wait to see everyone. PDO here we come – my how time flies!

I know some of the folks we first met here no longer post here: Azbeachboy, Seadweller to mention a couple, but we do look forward to gathering again for the Thanksgiving weekend!
To those of you here who know us - Ladyjeeper, Woodspinner, RPJoe, Kenny + other folks -
please pass this on thru spacebook or myface to our kind friends! We very much look forward to seeing you all again!

Jellyfish

I can't believe nobody has responded to your post. I have followed this post since you started it. We go down every Thanksgiving, it is possibly my favorite holiday in cholla.
We have never participated in your potluck turkey because our weekend is jam packed with fun and friends. The ASU vs UofA game at JJ's is hard to beat. Maybe some of you
will join us this year. We might even know some of you and not realize it.
In any case, you may have just posted a little early. I don't think so as I'm already planning for the fabulous fall in PP.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Jellyfish -
I think a lot of our regulars are on Facebook more than here, but I like getting an early start for this weekend. Seems we're so busy during the year that we have only been coming down to PP the past few years over the long Thanksgiving weekend, maybe that's why we look forward to it so much. A trip out to JJ's may be fun for the football game tho - thi spost should gather some steam as the weeks go by.

We'll be there as well.....looking forward to our first RP Thanksgiving with all of you!!! (Actually, we were there for Thanksgiving many years ago, but didn't really know anyone then!) We're also PDOer's, so we'll be neighbors too!! Joe, looking forward to finally meeting you and yours and Bill, always a pleasure to see you and Edna....but we'll see you before then, as we're headed down on October 3rd for ten days!!!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hi kids,
I speak with Chuck on Facebook pretty regularly and the 10th annual potluck will be at his and Val's trailer in San Rafael again. Everyone is welcome, just bring chairs, drinks and a dish to share. Turkey and ham will be provided. Whoever brought fryers, oil and tables, please do so again. Festivities start at 2 P.M. You can let me know on here what you will be bringing and I will try to organize it... LOL! Seriously, I am just glad I am finally well enough to do it......Can't wait to get back in the groove!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hi kids,
Val asked me to try and get a head count from the forum and what everyone was planning to bring. Please let me know......

joester

2 salty dawgs
I thought I had replied, but I don't see it.
Teri, myself and Michele - and possibly Michele's brother and nephew - time will tell as we get closer.
Michele will corrdinate with you as to the trip down - 16 days til departure :)

I just let Val know on FB that it will be Bruce and I and three other friends from the park. I'm bringing stuffing, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans and whatever else I come up with between now and then. As for our three friends, I suggested maybe some rolls and whatever else they would like to contribute.

Okay guys, it's only four days until turkey dinner time!!! We really need to know what everyone is bringing. Chari, you're doing cookies, the turkeys and mashed potatoes are being done, Michele is bringing two pies, I posted above what I'm bringing. Karen was going back and forth between a salad or dessert when I asked if anyone was bringing dinner rolls and gravy (this was on FB). So she is checking on those two items in PP and if she can't find them, I'll bring them. I also am making two pies that I can bring along. Everyone else????

joester

2 salty dawgs
we'll bring the dinnerware: large sturdy plates, dessert plates, silverware, napkins and gallon ziplocks for leftovers. was thinking about adding a pie, but I think we're already at 4 at least. I do have a quart jar of mayo set aside for Friday boat ride, need to get more bread at SuperLey once we get there Wed and do some shopping.
also, a nice bottle of sippin tequila :)

belle

Good morning all. Not sure if this is the right place to post but I wanted to let everyone know that we at the Latitude 31 will be serving our 20th annual Turkey dinner. Everything included for $12.00, that's turkey ,yams,mashed , gravy , vegs,bread,cranberry,and pie. If you are interested we are serving from 12 noon to about 8.00 pm. First football game starts at 10.30. Come by or call at 3834311. Oh i guess i forgot to mention my secret stuffing. Happy Holidays, Mike ,Cindy and all.Reservations preferred