USA in Tucson, the Hall of Fame Classic

Kenny

Well Known Member
One of our long time forum members father will be signing at the autograph table this Saturday night...http://www.usadirttrack.com/
As is tradition at the Hall of Fame Classic, ten drivers, many of whom are in the Hall of Fame, will be signing autographs on the main concourse starting at 5:00 p.m., when the gate opens. Former Tucson drivers Bob Huebner, Bob Cleberg, Marion Smiley, Carl Trimmer, Benton Burns, Frank McDaniel, Hoot Gibson and Don Sink will be joined at the autograph table by Lealand McSpadden and Billy Shuman.

Saturday's racing action for the Discount Tire Co. ASCS Canyon Region, also the seventh of eight rounds of Discount Tire Co. ASCS Challenge competition, sets the table for the wingless portion of the 42nd Annual Western World Championships presented by Old Tucson Studios, a three-day affair set for November 19-21 with a $5,000 winner's share up for grabs.

Closing in on his first ASCS title is Buckeye, Arizona's Charles Davis, Jr., who holds a 46-point advantage over Phoenix shoe R.J. Johnson, with Nathan High, Johnathon Henry and Andrew Reinbold rounding out the current top five in points.

Saturday's Discount Tire Co. ASCS Canyon Region action at USA Raceway is slated to go green at 7:00 p.m.

The 3/8-mile USA Raceway clay oval is located east of Tucson off I-10 Exit 268, then 1.6 mile south on Craycroft Road, which turns into Los Reales. For more information, contact the track at 520-574-8515.

Last edited:

Kenny

Well Known Member
come on by!

I'll be going down for this race, and Ill be on the top row toward turn one. I'll be there early hanging out with some friends by the motor home below;come on by!
I just had to throw in a picture of my friend Gil (Leadfoot) Mahoney, who drives one of Cory Krusmans cars in the senior division over at Ventura raceway in Cali.
Be sure to check out that tank...Is that tough, or what!

Attachments

Last edited: