Watch out if you have Warrants !!

Roberto

Well Known Member
Oklahoma fugitive arrested at Arizona-Mexico border
BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS • Published: December 31, 2014

LUKEVILLE, Ariz. — U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents in Arizona say they arrested a man wanted for jumping bail in an Oklahoma sexual battery case when he tried to re-enter the country from Mexico.

A news release from the agency Tuesday says 50-year-old Cesar Lira Gonzalez was stopped at the Lukeville port of entry as he returned from a popular tourist destination called Puerto Penasco, or Rocky Point.

A check found Lira was a U.S. citizen and wanted on a $30,000 warrant issued in Delaware County, Oklahoma. He was wanted for jumping bail on a felony sexual battery charge.

Lira was turned over to sheriff’s deputies in Tucson, Arizona, while he awaits extradition

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
A guy I know had a bench warrant out on him for failure to appear on a DUI. He managed to avoid it for like 3 years.
One trip to PP crossing back....BOOM. Arrested and detained. Rest of the family had to get back to Phx and round up like $1200 for bail and then drive all the way back to the border to get him out.

Roberto

Well Known Member
There was a guy hiding out here to avoid paying child support. Several years. The Fed. Marshals finally came and cuffed him and took him back. He used to brag about how much he spent with lawyers to avoid paying. Jerk.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
5 years ago a friend of ours received a speeding ticket in New Mexico which she ignored. ($250 fine plus fees)
Due to here failure to appear in court, the judge issued a warrant for her arrest.

Fast forward to 3 years ago, while coming back into the US with us from Mexico they ran her drivers license because she didn't have a passport,
Border agents asked her to step out of the car and into the main building she went, handcuffed after she was out of sight.

After we crossed and parked at the gas station we went into the BP office to find out what was happening, she had been detained
a was waiting on a deputy from New Mexico to come and extradite her. After 3 hours of waiting it became clear nobody from NM was going
to come, she was released.
She still hasn't gotten the ticket cleared up and she will never be crossing any state border while driving or visiting Mexico until that is cleared up.

Shame she lost some civil liberties and has to have that hanging over her head over not paying $250-300, and she could afford it, easily.

Last edited:

GV Jack

Snorin God
About five years ago, before I earned the Green Valley Desperado moniker I was returning with three friends
after one of our NFL Draft Parties. One friend who happened to be black was with us. When they took our
passports and scanned them the agent came out and asked me for the car keys which he put on top of the car.
He looked at my friend and asked him for his social security number. With that he went back in the shack.
A few minutes later he returned, gave me the keys and our passports and bid us a "nice dau". I asked my friend
what that was all about and he said, "Jack, do you have any idea how many black guys with the same name have
outstanding warrants?" I wonder how many with the same name have served in the Army and been blown out of a
Armored Vehicle in Iraq with Purple Hearts and multiple medals? I guess the agent was doing his job but it sure
smacked of discrimination/profiling to me.

Landshark

Well Known Member
I would tend to agree and then some. His passport would have given them all the info on him they would have needed, including SS number. Borders on harassment. When are we going to stop seeing color and just see a man for who he is? We have come so far with that but still have a long way to go.

Arizona2010

If someone had an active warrant that was crossing over into Lukeville (or any other POE in Arizona), and they get arrested, it would have to be 1) A warrant issued by an Arizona Court (ACIC or NCIC), 2) NCIC Arizona Warrant to adjoining States only (meaning Arizona would only pay to extradite someone back if they were in California, Nevada, Utah, or New Mexico (would Colorado count at the 4-Corners area?), or 3) It is an NCIC warrant or Federal warrant in which that person can be extradited back to their State no matter where they are at in the country. Many of the factors that go into to determining whether or not an ACIC or NCIC warrant will be issued is the severity of the crime and whether or not the State will pay the cost to bring someone back as extradition costs can be quite high.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Well it looks like the Green Vally Desperado is safe for ahile anyway. Till he commits another crime.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Well it looks like the Green Vally Desperado is safe for ahile anyway. Till he commits another crime.
Who???? Never heard of him. One thing I do know about him. The city is safe after 7:30 PM cause he's at that age now.