What Happened to Those Stolen F-250s?

Stuart, are they still stealing the f-250's. I'm staying in los conchas. do they have problems there also. I can take the batts out in less than 5 min.Leigh

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Theres a brand new F250 sitting on the Caborca highway at the Ford dealer, it is a super stroke or something like that, it is a beautiful truck and I drove it the other day and she didnt have to put the batts in it before I started it. I doubt you would have a problem in Las Conchas unless you leave it running or leave the keys in it.....maybe.....

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Leigh,

I haven't heard of any Ford trucks going bye-bye in a little while in Penasco. My buddy Mark's got stolen AGAIN last week, here in the US, NOT in Penasco. He's a contractor and had stopped in a tile store for 15 mins. to pick up materials. Came out and it was gone. Yes, locked. The F-250s can be stolen in under two minutes with a little practice.

See the previous discussions here concerning the Ravelco Anti-Theft Device. In my opinion, it's truly the only thing that will stop them dead in their tracks. I know it works -- last time I was in Penasco, somebody was obviously eyeballing my truck for theft (again) and when they realized they couldn't steal it, they got pissed off and kicked it, leaving a nice dent and sneaker print in the back quarter panel. A dent I can live with. My truck, I cannot live without.

Russ - It's a POWER stroke, not a Super Stroke!! Hahahahahah!! You crack me up!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Russ - It's a POWER stroke, not a Super Stroke!! Hahahahahah!! You crack me up!
I thought I had a SUPER stroke a couple of months ago, I am better now though!

Yeah like I dont know that much about the things but the truck was outstanding looking and it was a brand new one 590,000 pesos plus IVA tax 64,900 for a sweet total of 654900 pesos at 11.7 - @todays rate $55,974 USD ouch.........

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
todays rate $55,974 USD ouch.........
Yeppers. The new ones I've looked at are near $60K. Mine was $36K brand-spanking new in 2001, just to give you an idea of how much they've gone up since then. She's still a baby with 80,000 miles on her. There's just no way I could afford a new one, which is why I've taken the steps I have to ensure some dirtbag can't just jimmy her open, pop the ignition switch and drive her away. She's paid off and worth her weight in gold to me at this point because Ford seems to think the new ones are worth their weight in platinum!!!

Yep two Ford trucks stole in 1 year one in penasco & one here in AZ. My new Ford will be here tommorrow , It is a awesome Truck could fit probaly 8 people and 2 tons of money or drugs , but ......... SOMEBODY stole the last truck from me. I probaly will stay at the Penasco Del Sol just to dare them to try to steal this one

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Just curious - wouldn't the "Club" protect your vehicle fairly well?
Not really. Only takes a decent set of bolt cutters to cut through most steering wheels and bye-bye Club. You can also spray the metal arm with a can of Freon and smack it with a hammer and it will shatter.

A Club can be a part of a layered defense, but by itself, it's not much more than a visual deterrent.

azfish

Not really. Only takes a decent set of bolt cutters to cut through most steering wheels and bye-bye Club. You can also spray the metal arm with a can of Freon and smack it with a hammer and it will shatter.

A Club can be a part of a layered defense, but by itself, it's not much more than a visual deterrent.
I think a hack saw would be lighter to carry then a big jug freon, and about time you freeze it you will more than likely be dead from inhaling freon.

I will be there friday I wont need your address I can fine your house & the truck with new security system, oh by the way you will want to be wearing a rubber suit , the truck has a system similam to what a taser does it wont kill you but it enabilizes you for a short period, also if your familiar with robbing banks the little explosive they put in the bags of money explodes blue paint ,,,,,wear goggles

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
My buddy Mark's got stolen AGAIN last week, here in the US, NOT in Penasco.
I remember talking to Mark right after his truck got stolen in Penasco- So, did they actually recover it in Mexico, and it was stolen a 2nd time? or was this the replacement truck that was stolen in Phx?

Are him and FishOnBait having some sort of bizarre "I can get more trucks stolen than you can" contest?

I ran into the bank branch near my house last week to make a deposit and it was hot out, so I left the truck idling with the A/C on and the doors locked. When I came out 5 minutes later it was still there, but when I looked at it sitting there running and thought about how easily it would have been to tap the driver's side window with a rock and drive away I instantly declared myself the world's luckiest, complete and total idiot.

and, to be fair- it is not only the Fords trucks- seems any brand 3/4 or one ton diesel 4x4 is a potential target.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
From A Thief ! ! !

~ ~ ~ Now that is slick,``` but without the windows the thief would be fishing for a week, when I leave for more than a day, I unplug the openers, & I put 2/ locks, one on each side, on each of my doors, & I don't have windows, & on top of that I have an alarm, open a garage door & whamo ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ & if you have windows just spray paint them on the inside, /// this advice came to you all from your buddy, the ``` "GREAT HAPPY" ```a retired thief ! ! !

~ ~ ~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~ ~ ~