William Castle Rightful Owner of Estero de la Pinta

william castle

I am the rightful heir to the Estero de la Pinta. My father, Everett Castle, brother of Grace Gillespie, wife of Bernard Gillespie, willed all 10,000 hectares to me. I have original surveys, deeds, and photos to prove my claim. In fact, in 1992, a group representing themselves as a ejido on the property attempted to sell my own land. Anyone interested in learning more about the history and want copies of original documents, I have them. I will share the land with any persons with resources to clear remaining alleged ejido members off of property. You can reach me at 602-367-4166

dmcauley

Well Known Member
Good luck. My wifes family has all the paperwork to prove they own an ejido along with other people, the courts see it differently

jerry

Well Known Member
Any photos of Bernard Gillespie in Mexico would be of interest here on forum.I had understood he also willed the land to his workers late in life.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Interesting. What brought you here? That's a pretty big claim, by the way. Many of us here would be interested in the documents/pictures just because we're history buffs and such. As far as kicking the ejidos off, well... as Warren Zevon so aptly put it:

"Bring lawyers, guns, and money... the shit has hit the fan!"

I have personally camped at La Pinta many times back in the days when Nacho lived in the main house by the beach. Then, we didn't even know its real name, we just called it Nacho Beach. Have always loved that stretch of beach and even with the Mayan due north, La Pinta has continued to hold its undeveloped charm.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I love your enthusiasm... however if the courts see it differently, good luck with all of your documentation.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I have titles to 5 properties out there, yes legal titles with 88 members signatures signing off on them.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Be nice if you had bank trusts, are the titles in a master plan similar to the master plan of say Las Conchas?
I don't need bank trust as I own a Mexican Corporation and it holds title to the properties, there is a master plat plan and survey of the lots - it is done right.

playaperro

El Pirata
I don't need bank trust as I own a Mexican Corporation and it holds title to the properties, there is a master plat plan and survey of the lots - it is done right.
I was just curious how you were holding title being a norte americano (gringo).

Roberto

Well Known Member
The mess in and around Lobos last year involving records being changed and new titles being put in the name of family members of municipal powers is just the tip of the iceberg...
So what's wrong with that ??? Isn't that the way it's supposed to be???

AZRob

Well Known Member
Just make sure the next name that goes on a note for beach front property, it has my name on it.

43c0y0t

I am the rightful heir to the Estero de la Pinta. My father, Everett Castle, brother of Grace Gillespie, wife of Bernard Gillespie, willed all 10,000 hectares to me. I have original surveys, deeds, and photos to prove my claim. In fact, in 1992, a group representing themselves as a ejido on the property attempted to sell my own land. Anyone interested in learning more about the history and want copies of original documents, I have them. I will share the land with any persons with resources to clear remaining alleged ejido members off of property. You can reach me at 602-367-4166
Would that had been at thanksgiving time was stuck in that could not leave for a while just wated

InkaRoads

cronopiador
EUrofresh was bought out and the new company does not use slave labor anymore....sickening that Wilcox workers had their bargaining power crushed by state supplied slaves.... Good for Castle for fighting the bastards.
It is good that he is fighting the gov in his slavery case however if these two William Castle are the same person, I would be completely disinterested on doing any type of business deals with him anywhere, specially ANYWHERE!!!

60's resident

My father was a friend of Mr. Gillespie. He is mentioned in the book "Gillespie's Gold." James Gibson, or as he preferred "Jaime," would often host Mr. Gillespie in our home in Rocky Point. One summer, when I was around twelve, my father, my sister and myself were invited to stay at his home at "La Pinta" in his stone walled house near the estuary. The trip from RP was an adventure in itself as the entrance was miles out of town, then down a single track dirt road quite a few miles down to the estuary. Once there, we were completely alone, save for Mr. Gillespie's helper, an elderly man who was named "Eduardo," if I remember correctly. No other human presence was visible. It truly was a paradise with the pristine sea, dunes and vegetation. We got to ride around in a small fiberglass bodied go kart. I recall scrounging around at low tide, turning over a stone and finding a small octopus. Beautiful sunsets and brilliant stars at night, with only the sound of the distant surf. I recall reading of Mr. Gillespie's passing years ago, and the ensuing controversy of the land ownership. I only hope it hasn't gotten too built up and ruined. Maybe somone has photos to post? Incidentally, I still own the copy of "Gillespie's Gold" given by Mr. Gillespie to my father, complete with a note and signature.
On an unrelated note, my father passed away in Tucson in 1996. His ashes were left in our trailer on our lot in RP. A few years ago my sister went down to pay property taxes and found the trailer was stolen, ashes and all. So, my father remains there, somewhere.

jerry

Well Known Member
My father was a friend of Mr. Gillespie. He is mentioned in the book "Gillespie's Gold." James Gibson, or as he preferred "Jaime," would often host Mr. Gillespie in our home in Rocky Point. One summer, when I was around twelve, my father, my sister and myself were invited to stay at his home at "La Pinta" in his stone walled house near the estuary. The trip from RP was an adventure in itself as the entrance was miles out of town, then down a single track dirt road quite a few miles down to the estuary. Once there, we were completely alone, save for Mr. Gillespie's helper, an elderly man who was named "Eduardo," if I remember correctly. No other human presence was visible. It truly was a paradise with the pristine sea, dunes and vegetation. We got to ride around in a small fiberglass bodied go kart. I recall scrounging around at low tide, turning over a stone and finding a small octopus. Beautiful sunsets and brilliant stars at night, with only the sound of the distant surf. I recall reading of Mr. Gillespie's passing years ago, and the ensuing controversy of the land ownership. I only hope it hasn't gotten too built up and ruined. Maybe somone has photos to post? Incidentally, I still own the copy of "Gillespie's Gold" given by Mr. Gillespie to my father, complete with a note and signature.
On an unrelated note, my father passed away in Tucson in 1996. His ashes were left in our trailer on our lot in RP. A few years ago my sister went down to pay property taxes and found the trailer was stolen, ashes and all. So, my father remains there, somewhere.
My signed copy.The place is sort of in limbo to thIs day. so how did Gillespie know your dad?
image.jpg

60's resident

Pretty neat! The copy given to my father wasn't signed by the author, but by Mr. Gillespie. I'll have to search for it. I have absolutely no idea how my father and Mr. Gillespie knew each other. My father moved to Mexico after WW II, married my mother who is from Sayula, Jalisco. Together they used to buy and sell the Incan and Mayan "Monos," or clay figures. Hence the mask seen in the book. Maybe that's how they met. They went as far south as Guadalajara, and Tepic. Mom says they even knew Director John Huston. Supposedly, according to my father, he suggested Tepic for the filming of "Night of The Iguana." Felt bad he did as he felt it's becoming "famous" ruined the sleepy town. They met a lot of people with this business. Father and mother divorced in '67, he moved to RP around that time. We lived in three different lots before we ended up on Avenida Guerrero. My sister and myself were born in Mexico, have dual citizenship, so the lot was under my sister's name. I believe she still owns it. Mom remarried in '68 and moved to Phoenix, got custody of us. We'd stay with Mom during school, stay with our father in RP on summer break. My favorite drive was from RP to Cholla Bay, along a twisting and turning dusty, sandy little track. There was a house you'd have to cross by at some point that would try and charge us a "toll." We always laughed and told him we lived there and never had to pay. Can't imagine what it's like now. Haven't been there since my father passed in '96. But I know it's built up more than quite a bit.

Last edited: