1 Rental Company

playaperro

El Pirata
I was reading the RPE blog where RRR is having problems. How are the condo rental doing ?
Just read Az Central, it says they expect the same amount of people coming down?

G

gunner

The Condo rental business is doing just great, it's non-existent. The one and only thing I hate about our Condo was all the dumb ass renters. March through June and September through November use to be nuts with at least 75% occupancy every weekend, now I would guess it to be 10% on a good weekend. Going out reminds me of the old days (before all the condos), not many people out and you see a lot of the folks you have met over the years. I can even drive south of Sonoyta to RP after 6:00 p.m. on a Friday night an not worry about dying !!!

I have to imagine a lot of the regulars on this board are enjoying the lack of tourists as much as I am ?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah, it was nice not to be stuck in traffic on the Mirador. And, be seated right away in the restaurants. I just worry about the locals that depend on tourism. I know quite a few of them and they are hurting. It's a mixed bag, the tourist levels are like the '70's which is good for me. But, they are used to the money now, which is bad for them. I've been educating the sheeple that fall for the bogus warnings from the state dept. but some fall on deaf ears. They would rather believe the government instead of someone who has been going there for 42 years......

And really, can I start going down on Friday night again and not get run off the road by a jacked up red quad pickup towing a gigantic toy hauler at 100 m.p.h.? Cool! :roll:

Jim

Yes, things are slow. I stopped by Mickeys twice to buy a bottle of tequila for a client. The second time I saw mickeys wife (widow :( ) inside and knocked and gestured her to open the door. She sold me the bottle and said that she could not afford to stay open right now. Very sad for a landmark like that. Some of the bottom feeders are starting to come out and I hope that it is a good sign.

I agree that it's a mixed bag.....love not having the crowds...but also feel for the locals that are hurting. Maybe the prices will fall somewhat too.... I think many of the businesses were riding the increase of business and raising prices every chance they had. Took a ride to El Golfo on the new Coastal Highway with one of my local friends this past trip. We caught some lunch there, and paid about half of what it would have cost in Puerto Penasco.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I hope you ate at La Concha Del Mar restaurant. I have never had a bad meal in there and the highest price dinner was 6.95. I wish they would come to Penasco.