1st Annual Sonoran Resorts Holiday Food Drive

Jim

We would like your help in a new annual food drive. I am really hoping this catches on and grows each year. Drop off at any of the Sonorans Lobbys or the DIF office. I am going to add a few more in town drop off locations and will update when I get them set up. Cash donations also accepted by sending a check made out to Municipio de Puerto Penasco to P.O. Box 858 Lukeville, AZ 85341, Attn: Jim Ringquist. Please note Food Drive in the memo. Thank you in advance.

Story by Joe Houchin: http://www.sonoranresorts.mx/sonoran-resorts-sponsors-1st-annual-holiday-food-drive-in-cooperation-with-city-of-puerto-penasco-and-dif/

Sonorans Food Drive Poster.jpg

Jim

Just to clarify where I am coming from... My original thought was that 99% of Sonoran (and all) renters collectively leave tons of food when they check out. This may be due to fears of crossing with the food or just because they bought too much and don't want the hassle. I figured that the food that may otherwise be thrown away could be a huge help to local families. Then I decided that I would put the message out to a wider audience in hopes that it may catch on and grow as an annual event. I, in no way, ever meant to take away from the many great charities or people on this forum that work so hard to help the less fortunate in Penasco. I have heard that a couple (to remain unamed) people are saying that it is a publicity thing. Those of you who know me can attest to the fact that I would never go there. If the Sonorans name is associated with good deeds, great. But, that was never my intention.

Regardless if it is a publicity thing or not (knowing Jim a bit, I doubt it), if it accomplishes some good....who cares!

Roberto

Jim, if you want, you can have people drop off food at Twin Dolphins on Fremont and I will call you to pick it up. We are on the way to Las Conchas, in the Mirador area may make it more conveninet for the Las Conchas folk.

Jim

Thanks. Both offers sound good. I know that a lot of people don't make it out to the Sandy Beach area very often. We're getting off to a slow start but, something is better than nothing. Next year I'll get started earlier.

AZ ROB

Jim is there any place down in Penasco that is similiar to a Costco or Sams Club where we can purchase bulk beans and Rice as well as dried milk? This might make it easier for some who do not feel comfortable crossing the border with extra food.

Jim is there any place down in Penasco that is similiar to a Costco or Sams Club where we can purchase bulk beans and Rice as well as dried milk? This might make it easier for some who do not feel comfortable crossing the border with extra food.
Rob... there are a couple of places simular... one is named La Canada the other is Salis & Monroe... they sell things in bulk and kind of like wholesale prices...

Roberto

There is a warehouse sort of outlet just at the light past the Santa Fe Market, on the right hand side on the way in.

Jim

Bob, that's the one that I was thinking about. It is kind of like a little Costco. It is next to the Tecate store on the corner at the light past Santa Fe, on the right hand side. It has a big garage door opening. They really are a big box kind of store. We shop there quite a bit.