22 ft panga

I checked out the guy who builds the Pangas and here is his responce to my questions. Sure sounds great but I woild like to see a little more free board on a 22 ft boat.

Bill,
Thanks for the interest in our boats. To answer your questions
Yes the decks are self bailing and true self bailing not going to a sump
We recommend a Suzuki 140 4 stroke which would burn about 5 gph at 35 mph
Fuel capacity under deck is 49 gal
We can eliminate the front deck
No on the porta potty in the console, we can put on in there and take it out for use but no way you could get in there to use it
We can do in floor fish box
Bait tanks yes, the Panga Bait Center
T-top with electronics box yes
Batteries in console
We are in Sarasota
Approx cost for the above 39000
Again thanks and let me know of questions
Rob McDaniel

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
"Approx cost for the above 39000"

Whoa! That's pricey for a panga, Bill. Add 11 to that and you could have my boat!

Hey Bill....take 39000 from Stuart's number (add a "K" to it), and you can have my 2 jetskis...both 3 seaters!!! Even have the range to get to Bird Island! :twisted::rofl:

ReelHard

grouper slayer
hey bill knock cut that in half and you can have my old 23 foot boat ready to fish. and it has a porta potty.

Hey the way things are I can'y even afford $ 20K. Thats why I am looking at the boat on my second post for Panga.
I am even beginning to think about jerking out the I/O drive on my 19 ft SeaRay and adding a bracket and outboards or outboard and kicker.
With that in mind what do you think it require to power it. I hate I/Os

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Hey the way things are I can'y even afford $ 20K. Thats why I am looking at the boat on my second post for Panga.
I am even beginning to think about jerking out the I/O drive on my 19 ft SeaRay and adding a bracket and outboards or outboard and kicker.
With that in mind what do you think it require to power it. I hate I/Os
Bill my friend, ~~~ ( @ least I hope we're still friends ) ~~~ 1st, I agree with you, concerning I/O's, I never did like them either, however they are a good unit especially the newer ones, just have to maintain them a little more, IMO outboard is the way to go, depending on boat type & size, thats all I've ever had, all HP sizes, ~~~ your idea of converting over can be done, many, many, many, yrs. ago I had a friend that I helped do one, worked just fine, however attatching a bracket to transom, to hang the outboards, ~~~ NO, ~~~ ok for kicker, but not main power, ~ ~ ~ the boats you see w/OB's hanging out from transom on a bracket, that bracket is part of the stringer system, in esense part of boat, ~ ~ ~

What you have to do is, ~~~ 1st is decide on motor you are going to use, ( for that boat I would think 200 - 250 HP, you already know the weight of boat so you mite ask a dealer what HP they recomend ) then you will know the shaft size, because the transom is going to have to be cut down according to shaft size, ~~~ then talk to a GOOD fiberglass shop, ~~~ because the hole that is there where the I/O was will have to be plugged, ~~~ & probably transom beefed up some,

Don't do ~~~ ANYTHING ~~~ till you talk to the fiberglass shop,

ReelHard

grouper slayer
bill. that is gonna cost more than 20 grand to do all of that work. give me 19,000 for my boat. it has a brand new power head with 1 hour on it. it runs great and comes with all the electronics and is ready to fish. the boat is an 2004. and is in great shape. powered by a 200 hp yamaha.

dmcauley

I'll vouch for Doug. He's not lying, its a good deal for anyone, and if he leaves his marks on the GPS, it is worth more

Happy Yes we are and thanks for the reply. I have come to the same conclusion on rebuild. Even though I could do the work it is not worth the money. It just makes the PIT larger.
I have decided to sell my 17'6" targa deep V bass boat, finish and sell the 19 ft Sea Ray with the I/O, add a few dollars and buy a ready to go boat like ReelHard has. May be even his if he does not get it sold before I can pay for it.
ReelHard I know your boat is 23 ft and a 2004 with a rebuilt Yami but what kind of boat is it ? Any Pics
Thanks all

ReelHard

grouper slayer
it is 2250 WA. it has a small cuddy cabin. but you can sleep two people. scott and i both fit. and he is 6 foot 6. and im 6 foot 2. The make is a cape craft. It has a 85 gallon fuel tank. and holds 2 1/2 gallons of oil. it is oil injected and also has a brandnew oil pump. has garmin gps/fishfinder and another eagle fishfinder that is in color.

ReelHard
Is your 2250 boat still down there? I sure would like to see it. What is the fuel economy?
Like I said we are hoping to be down there this weekend and at least if we can not go fishing we can look at the boat If you decide not to come down is there a place where we can see it?

ReelHard

grouper slayer
the boat is up here in gilbert. did not see the sence of paying storage for two boats in pp. it gets 2 miles to the gallon at 4800 rpm and 39 mph.

C

Chubasco Boo

Bill,
May have what you are looking for.....custom "Gringo Panga", side console, leaning seat, huge fishbox in raised front floor, double front large seat w/ cooler & swing seatback, livewell, GPS, Color fishfinder, radio all the goods! EZ loader roller trailer, rolls off, trim tabs and custom tailor-fit cover 4-5 miles to a gallon, Suzuki 75, cruises 30 - tops @ 40, full SS rails and rod holders. Excellent, $10,750 - this is a '98 Blackman built, Blackfin Panga. Local too, in Cholla # 638.382.5070 cell 638.110.4465