4th of July weekend

Boy was it dead in town...been here since Wednesday...weather has been great....but very few people. Even the bars that serve food were closing over the weekend due to the elections.

They do shoot themselves in the foot....poor advertising (relative to the violence in some parts of Mexico), swine flu fiasco, then cutting off liquor sales from Friday midnight thru Sunday for the elections!

There does seem to be a double standard though....there was at least one bar that I know of (Mexican owned/mostly Mexican clientele) that was open till 3am on Sat. and was planning to open Sunday night.....

Jim...I've stopped over a couple of times to meet...but you keep leaving early!!!!

I plan on stopping by the CAmelToe today...will tell you "face-to-face".... I don't know if they did open last night, but that was the "plan"....I was too beat from riding jetskis on Sat. to do anything but relax.

Kelney

I am here now and I was surprised when I came down yesterday that the border wait appeared to be very short. That told me that it was probably a dead weekend. Jim, what hours do you work?