60 miles South of San Felipe boat sinks many dead

rplarry

The more you read about this thing the more it pisses you off.
"The men raced out of the room. To their dismay, they noticed that the boat’s entire crew of 16 already was assembled on deck, wearing nice life vests. Tsurumoto said the boat’s cook handed him a life vest that had broken straps."
"Levine said the crew “knew how to save themselves, except for the cook, who handed out life jackets. And he couldn’t swim.”
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=53870&page=8
Another quote from article:

"The Coast Guard is sending her daily emails containing maps of where the search has been conducted so far. She said she was told that divers also will attempt to reach the sunken boat once the search shifts into “recovery mode.”

My question is, why in the world wouldn't they send divers down immediately in order to either confirm or eliminate anyone who may have gone down with the ship???

Makes no sense to 'wait'...

Maybe they don't have the gear in the area to go down about 250-300 ft. That's what I've heard is the depth where the boat went down (i'm surprised if that's the case so close to shore).

As more and more info comes out...it appears the captain should have his ass nailed to the wall. From the reports of the survivors, the stern hatches were left open in rough seas, the pangas, stacked 3 high were also uncovered....as the waves broke over the boat, water filled the stern and the pangas...and the boat went down stern first....doesn't sound like it rolled over like the initial reports.