6th Annual Fishing Tournament June 14-16

sampson

Playing Hooky
Hi everyone:

Is there anyone entering in the above tournament that might have a spot available on their boat or charter for me to participate? I've fished out of Rocky Point many times; however ths time I'm not having much luck fining a spot on a boat. If you know of anyone I might contact, or if you have any suggestions, please message me. I appreciate it. Thanks! :confused:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Might be tough for you... most of us that have boats already have our teams together for this event. Not sure about the charters, but probably a similar case there. But hang in there, if someone drops or a team needs another member, at least you've got the word out there.

playaperro

El Pirata
Might be tough for you... most of us that have boats already have our teams together for this event. Not sure about the charters, but probably a similar case there. But hang in there, if someone drops or a team needs another member, at least you've got the word out there.
Does your team split the winnings?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Does your team split the winnings?
Mostly, we just pay to play. That is, you have to actually WIN before there are any WINNINGS to be split! :rofl:
But yes, nearly every tournament I've ever fished in was done as a team and it was agreed upon forehand than any winnings are split, sometimes with the boat getting a higher share to help cover expenses.

Everybody does it differently, but what I described is very common practice. Especially in billfish tournaments where much higher entry fees and side jackpots are involved -- if you expect to everyone to split those, then winnings are also split. However, there are cases where the boat owner sometimes covers the entire nut, but also takes all winnings.

For the grouper tournament, it's individual registration for each angler. But we're still fishing it as a team.

fishaholic

Jeff "Just Hammered"
Hey Guys, Just heard the tournament has been postponed due to lack of funding....very disappointing to me due to the efforts it took in planning to participate in this event. I think it is Bull S#&t that they do this less than a week prior to the event. I have other team members that had made arrangements and sacrifices to be able to fish a tournament over Father's Day weekend, me included! I'm sure there might be others that have rented hotels, made travel arrangements, negotiated with their family to even be able to fish on Father's day. I know over the five previous tournaments there has been some bumps in the road but this is ridiculous! This tournament is the qualifier for the Circuito Mar De Cortez, we qualified by placing last year and fished the Final in Cabo last December, you would think they would have it together?

I spoke with Dave from Capones and there is talk about setting another date and hopefully with time the funding will show up. Any thoughts on this? My take is it is only getting hotter, how about October, should give the Government time to fund it?

Oh by the way Dave told me he has got to go pull all his signs down. What a pain in the ass!