A NEW WAY TO COOK SHRIMP

This past week we "discovered" a "new" way to cook fresh shrimp while in PP.

A our local Fruiteria Sinaloa we saw some Maggi brand paper cooking wraps labeled "Jugoso al Sarten" they seem to be designed to be used with skinless chicken fillets. We bought a few packs at an outrageous $0.75 each, took em home and used them to wrap up some grande fresh skinned Gulf Blues. The spiced papers have cooking oil infused in them and you just fry em up in a non-stick pan for a few minutes. Talk about tasty! In fact I'm doing up a panfull tonight. We've already used them for the intended chicken fillets and did some thin cut pork chops a few days ago. They have four wraps in each pack and we saw three flavors being offered.

Later,

JJ

JJ,
I ate some chicken in the UK that was cooked using Maggi cooking papers. Pretty darn good.
You can buy them here in the USA via E-bay/Amazon but are expensive $3.60 plus $8 shipping.
I saw them in a UK grocer, Tesco for $1. Funny that UK and Mexico price are similar but expensive here in the USA.
A link,
https://www.maggi.co.uk/products/so-tender/

We can probably thank our good deal with NAFTA for the FUSA 500% price increase. The Fruiteria Sinaloa family gotta make a profit as well. Each pack has four cooking papers in it. We bought ten of them, should last us until next month. I'm gonna try em with fresh caught Grouper and Yellowtail fillets next trip down.

Another tasty jewel that we "discovered" last year at the same fruteria is their own "machaca carne seca" packaged with their distinctive red monster cargo truck with the rhino buster front grille. We did a little experimenting with the stuff and finally got a kick-assed quick breakfast from it. We soak it in hot water, toss it in a frying pan and throw in some scrambled eggs, dump the mess onto one of their tortillas de harina and by God it IS good, especially if you're in a rush to get to the marina or in the Jeep for a desert run.

JJ

We can probably thank our good deal with NAFTA for the FUSA 500% price increase. The Fruiteria Sinaloa family gotta make a profit as well. Each pack has four cooking papers in it. We bought ten of them, should last us until next month. I'm gonna try em with fresh caught Grouper and Yellowtail fillets next trip down.

Another tasty jewel that we "discovered" last year at the same fruteria is their own "machaca carne seca" packaged with their distinctive red monster cargo truck with the rhino buster front grille. We did a little experimenting with the stuff and finally got a kick-assed quick breakfast from it. We soak it in hot water, toss it in a frying pan and throw in some scrambled eggs, dump the mess onto one of their tortillas de harina and by God it IS good, especially if you're in a rush to get to the marina or in the Jeep for a desert run.

JJ
They are made in the UK and Germany, doubt NAFTA is the reason for being pricey in the USA.

JJ
I love machaca, my wife is from southern Sonora (Navojoa) and it is a staple there. I will have to try the brand from the fruteria. As you say, makes a fantastic breakfast- also from wife I learned that if you start with diced tomatoes, onions and jalapeños (if you want a kick) in the fry pan, they will release their natural juices and then you can toss in the machaca- in many cases you don't even need to add water (or sometimes just a touch). Take care amigo.

Yo Wave.......

These Maggi packs that I have are distributed by Nestle S.A., Mexico DF, hecho en Antigua Guatemala.

I've enjoyed other local made carne secas over the years. In Baja you could get carne seca de Manta Raya, carne seca de Cayuama and blocks of salted sun dried Abulon that they would reconstitute with a cheese grater. The Olive Ridley and Abalone were the best.

JJ