AC Condensation Issues

Rhino

Does anyone have a good AC repair man they can recommend to trouble shoot and repair one of my AC units? I experienced an extreme build-up of condensation (I think) which ended up doing damage to a ceiling. I would appreciate any input from others with similar problems and causes discovered. Also, is this something which would typically be covered under homeowners insurance? Thanks!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I know Playa Bomita has an excelent A/C person that has very reasonable prices, however I am not sure if he does house units, he works in trailer units and is great, sorry I do not remember his name but if you go and ask for him at the office of the RV Park they will call him for you, he works there full time.

JimMcG

Does anyone have a good AC repair man they can recommend to trouble shoot and repair one of my AC units? I experienced an extreme build-up of condensation (I think) which ended up doing damage to a ceiling. I would appreciate any input from others with similar problems and causes discovered. Also, is this something which would typically be covered under homeowners insurance? Thanks!
Condensation in humid weather is normal. Your problem is that your drain pan under the air handler is blocked and will have to be unplugged. If you have access to the pan it should be easy to do with a piece of wire.

Rhino

Condensation in humid weather is normal. Your problem is that your drain pan under the air handler is blocked and will have to be unplugged. If you have access to the pan it should be easy to do with a piece of wire.
Thanks for that input. We tried snaking the PVC drain pipe which didn't work; still tons of water coming down. Is there anything else which might cause the problem. This happened over the July 4th weekend which was very humid to only one of the units. The other one had no issues which seemed strange to me. Could it be something with the equipment or the installation?

JimMcG

Thanks for that input. We tried snaking the PVC drain pipe which didn't work; still tons of water coming down. Is there anything else which might cause the problem. This happened over the July 4th weekend which was very humid to only one of the units. The other one had no issues which seemed strange to me. Could it be something with the equipment or the installation?
The pan could be rusted out or a sheet metal seam leaking, slanted, or the condensate might be otherwise deflected somehow away from the pan on to your ceiling.

did you check the other end of the drain PVC??? it usually drains into a bathroom sink drain... if that's not the problem then like JimMcG said it could be the pan... my friend had the same problem and it was the condensation pan...

Rhino

I'll check all that out again and the AC guy who works at Play Bonita. Any other other suggestions for repair service?

Roberto

I'm gonna support the idea that the problem is a failure, somewhere, somehow, of the system that collects and removes the condensate. Clogged drain , holed pan, what else ?? Unless someone broke into your attic and stole the pan !

I'm gonna support the idea that the problem is a failure, somewhere, somehow, of the system that collects and removes the condensate. Clogged drain , holed pan, what else ?? Unless someone broke into your attic and stole the pan !
Ditto on that......with the higher humidy, you get a lot more condensation....it has to go somewhere....it's collected in the pan, then drained thru a tube....so a leaking pan, plugged runoff tube....it goes inside. On an RV, you also have to worry about the neoprene seal between the roof of the rv and the airconditioner, either deteriorated or not compressed enough. During the monsoon months when I'm down in Penasco, I usually have a large puddle of water on my rv roof, even with the rv leveled for the water to run off.