AC Unit

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
I am going to be taking a new AC unit down in April to replace the old one on our trailer. Do I need to declare it @ the border? Thanks Vern

ultraron

Forum Supporter
I think if its over the $300. you need to declare, on the other note you can most likely buy one here cheaper.We just had 2 mini-split 1ton with heat and AC installed for $703. can't get that in the states.?

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
I think if its over the $300. you need to declare, on the other note you can most likely buy one here cheaper.We just had 2 mini-split 1ton with heat and AC installed for $703. can't get that in the states.?
What are the approximate dimensions of the indoor unit? Can the indoor units be mounted to the ceiling, We don’t have a lot of wall space. Thanks for any info you can give me. $300ish sounds a whole lot better than $600 and I don’t have to do the work !:pickles:

cholla

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Will you give me the contact info for who ever did this work for you? I need to replace the mini split on our house in cholla.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Will you give me the contact info for who ever did this work for you? I need to replace the mini split on our house in cholla.
If you buy the mini split at Muebles Colonials on Constitucion they install for about 75.00 but they have a small fee for removing the old one and they have to replace all of the used piping and whatnot or you don't have a guarantee.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Another vote for Muebles Coloniales. Great to deal with, fair prices. A/C installer with unit was waiting for me at my house in Cholla.
90 minutes and $55 install fee later we we're chilling. FYI we bought a unit that runs on R-410 freon, because eventually R-22 in Mexico
is going away like in the US. The R-410 actually blows out a few degrees cooler the my R-22 units. If you are leaving the trailer in Penasco
have a cover made for it $40, outside unit will last a long time. Mini's also remove the humidity faster than a window type unit. M/S inside unit is designed to mount on a wall, otherwise the air will be blowing at the floor, I don't know if the moisture drain line would work if mounted on the ceiling.

ultraron

Forum Supporter
all the wall space you would need is About 12" high by 36" wide. with the mini-split you will have heat and AC that will run on a lot less power than other heating units. We got ours from Mumbles Coloniales with a $44. charge to install and hookup each unit.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Looks like I'm going to have to go with a new rooftop unit. Just don't think we have enough space for the indoor unit. Thanks everyone for your advice.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Looks like I'm going to have to go with a new rooftop unit. Just don't think we have enough space for the indoor unit. Thanks everyone for your advice.
Would mini-splits work?
1 ton are $350, 1.5 ton $450 and 2 ton $540 with heat. Cost about $50 per unit to install. Pretty efficient.