AC wanted, mini split, 18,000.. HEAT & COOL... SEER

Kenny

Jerry is looking for a unit like what's in the heading for a friend down Santo Tomas way, and was hoping to pick up one in PP. Any info on a price, and where to buy would be much appreciated. Of course it would be cash & carry.

That's 1,800 BTU.... NOT 18,000:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Kenny

Jerry is looking for a unit like what's in the heading for a friend down Santo Tomas way, and was hoping to pick up one in PP. Any info on a price, and where to buy would be much appreciated. Of course it would be cash & carry.

That's 1,800 BTU.... NOT 18,000:mrgreen:
I recieved a message from Jerry (he can't post right now) and I was right the first time. It is a 18,000 BTU unit he's looking for.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Kenny, the 18,000 btu unit, Jerry is looking for is the equiilant to a 1.5 ton unit. In Mexico the mini splits are cheaper than they are here in the U.S., but they're SEER ratings are 10 or less. In the U.S. 10 SEER ac units have been banned since 2006. In my living room in RP i have a 12,000 btu mini that has a SEER rating of 16 and is super energy efficient. Muebles Coloniales in RP usually has the best price on the minis, Socuada also known as Ace Hardware in RP also carries them. In the long run, they are a better buy in the U.S., because of the money saved on energy. Seasonal energy efficiency ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
My buddy in Cholla has 4 mini splits his average bill in the summer is like $850.00 every 2 months.
In mexico, they are huge energy wasters, the seer 13 and up have a differnt technology, mine actually has an inverter in it that, changes the 220 volts i put into it to 12 volts, as the compressor is 12 volts, built by Toshiba.

Kenny

Thanks a lot Bill and playaperro, that's exactly the type of info we're looking for. Jerry's in Bowie right now, and though he can read the forum he's not able to post with the hi tech little gadget he has with him.

mondone

Whitecaps
Back in March, I purchased 2 Mirage Flex 1 ton mini-splits @ 3,238.73 pesos each and 2 Mirage Flex 2 ton mini-splits @ 6,036.04 pesos each at Muebles Coloniales.

Interesting thread. I am going to install a 24K btu Mirage system in a few weeks. After reading all of the comments here and doing a little research.
Went to the Mirage site:
Most of the Mirage mini-split products are all rated at 10.3 or 10.5 SEER.
The Xteel12E series has a 12 SEER rating and the Magnum series has a SEER rating of up to 21 (uses invertor technology).
Since I am not there more than 40 days a year, will have to see what the difference in price is for the higher SEER units to make my decision.
But the $560 quote (from Mueb Coloniales) for a 24K btu heat and cool 10.5 SEER unit was screaming BUY ME! (plus $40 to install WOW)

azfish

Fujitsu has the best mini's. you can have up to 4 indoor unit on one out door unit. Talk about energy savings. If you want to buy one, let me know.

I had a 2 ton Mirage Flex installed on Friday. 10.5 Seer for $665 installed. From Muebles Coloniles.
Nice installation they did, same day install, neat and clean and I am picky.
I couldn't justify a 13-16 Seer unit when I am only in Cholla 30-45 days a year. 10-15 in summer.
It removes the humidity close to 2x faster than my window units.
:)

azfish

I can get them from one of the supply houses I use. In Mesa. Price is different for what unit size you want (only cool or heat and cool).
Private me and let me know what size.
OK, AZfish, where would we buy a Fujitsu and how much?