Aerial photos of flood waters backing up at the East end of Playa Encanto Encanto

Hey there,

We own a house between Los Portales and Sand Castle. I see many of your shots include our road. Do you by chance have any more pictures that I might look at? Our road is the one with the red gate that is under water. Our house is the brown one in the middle of the two white ones. On our West side is the house with the grass patio roof. We were just down Sept 19th -24 and had to walk in from Encanto and then shuttle our things via the Polaris ATV. What fun that was. I'm wondering if you were the one on the little hang glider plane taking pictures while we were jet skiing? We are heading back October 12 - 21 and hoping things will dry out enough to get H2O Joe and Rhonda (water truck) to our house... Nice to meet you Terry.

Many Thanks

Kim Gentry

Terry C

Hi Kim, the pictures were taken by Dave from Casa Weez in LaJolla. That is all the pictures he had. I'll be calling Rhonda this weekend as we are going down next weekend. I'll let you know what she has to say about the flooded area.

I bet that was a chor getting everything to you house. Friends in Los Portales had to turn around and go back home to AZ because that had no way to get in....

Nice to meet you too.

Terry

Thanks a bunch Terry! I'm looking forward to hearing what Rhonda has to say about road travel to the east of Encanto. Dave (owner of Sand Castle) has been hauling in dirt to repair the roads so hopefully Rhonda will be able to get water to us. If not then I guess we just wash in the ocean. :sharks:. Safe travels to you next week!

Also tell me what you think of our dump clean up. We had them bury the big dump problem and put up a fence. It looks so much nicer now, hopefully that eye sore is gone for good!

Kim

Terry C

I heard that mess was taken care of. Will be glad to see it gone. Our guards will be instructed to keep an eye out for anyone trying to dump anywhere.

P1030794.jpgP1030793.jpg

I posted pictures of our clean up in the Encanto neighborhood thread also. The six of us that live east of Los Portales all chipped in to make it happen. Thank goodness your guards will be watching as well. Our guard has also been instructed to watch for dumping, once he can get out of the neighborhood ;-) I think a big part of the mess was dumping from construction trucks, hopefully the fence and sign we put up will do the trick.

Terry C

Kim, Rhonda will call you by the end of the week. The roads area East of Playa Encanto are still under water at this time.

Terry

Kim, . . . The roads area East of Playa Encanto are still under water at this time.

Terry
. . . Although please do not confuse that to mean "all roads." The Caborca Road -- at least as far east as Mayan -- is clear. And beach-access roads such as those to Miramar / Dorada are clear as well.

jerry

The Mayan has really dropped the ball on dealing with environmental issues.These temporary fixes are just that temporary.

Kim, Rhonda will call you by the end of the week. The roads area East of Playa Encanto are still under water at this time.

Terry

Thanks Terry, Our neighbor is going down on Friday the 5th to check on the road, we have been hauling in dirt for repairs this week. Sure hope Rhonda can get water to us when we get there next week.