After dark driving to RP...

Doug C.

As a working stiff I don't always get across the border with the sun still shining to light the way. I've never been concerned with this in the past and have never had any issues. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything lately that would make me reconsider this practice. Just seems like the bad stuff is encroaching somewhat, but I haven't heard of anything happening Lukeville to RP.

We got cows....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Nope, just cows and crazy speeding passers. Last time I drove down on Friday night, I got passed by a pick up towing a gigantic toy hauler. I was going 70 and he blew my doors off. He had to be going a hundred. Crazy M%&*$#^&*%*R!!!! I don't drive down on Friday night anymore. :eek3:

S

Submarine

that might have been my brother! Was it a red dodge or could you tell?

He was probably driving military style, fast as possible to avoid an ambush. Works for me too.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
It was a red something. I only saw it for a nanosecond. You guys are gonna get yourselves killed one of these days and I hope you don't take any innocents with you! That's just crazy...in Mexico....in the dark!!!! :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hello? Innocent motorists sharing a narrow dark road? Also cows and other wildlife and tractors and cars with no lights going 25 mph? Broken down cars half off the roadway with no lights? Those innocents.

B

BeachMom

Submarine said:
When you find any 'innocents' let me know!
Sub,

Those "Innocent" people would be my family and my very best friends.

E

El Semental

I drive this route after dark frequently and I have had no serius problems. Just take care and be alert. The closer you get to Penasco the more you will have to be careful watching for vehicles with defective rear lights. Yes, the folk with jacked up pickups are a dangerous hazard. They are in a hurry and they are very important people. They are not concerned about your family and your children, fortunately they kill themselves off with some frequency, just not frequent enough. Just hold your lane and let them pass. Another poster has let you know that you are just a victim to that person not an innocent driver. He obviously has no respect for others. Hopefully he will be the next to go off the road and roll over away from traffic. Nothing will be lost then.

S

Submarine

Heck no, I have a killer cow-catcher bumper that just clears a path. Watch out!

dmcauley

Well Known Member
I've seen the idiots now for 25+ years and I've been at the funerals and on the side of the road picking up the dead. I get out of the way and let them do their thing- The real slow drivers and the caravans are a big hazard also but safe driving may save somones life- RP won't run out of beer but the IDIOTS don't realize that.

F

FIESTAFROG

I agree with you. Ive seen it where you'd think there were two lanes going south instead of one! People doing a hundred. But not often. I do 70 to 75. Its the idiots doing 55 that cause all the passing and danger. The only hazards ive seen is people trying to get around them! Then you have to idiots that pile up behind the slow car causing poeple to have to pass 4 cars or more at a time!

K

kleist

FIESTAFROG said:
Its the idiots doing 55 that cause all the passing and danger. The only hazards ive seen is people trying to get around them! Then you have to idiots that pile up behind the slow car causing poeple to have to pass 4 cars or more at a time!
I know can you believe the nerve of some people. I mean obeying the law! How dare they do that. They should be shot! :shock: