Agua en Penasco

Yo Roberto.........

Any input on repairs to the water grid today?

Are the hoards of holy week kids bathing and using hygienic toilet methods?

Any facts from the Mirador areas?

JJ

Landshark

Wondering about the effect of the water outage on local businesses. Did the bars and restaurants have to close until service was restored? What about the hotels and condos not on Sandy Beach? I assume they wouldn't have water cisterns for backup to provide the necessities.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Anybody in business here and anybody who lives here full time knows you need backup water, it is ordinary in almost of Mexico to have a water back up. I talked to a local guy who owns a very popular restaurant and he has 4 - 5000 gallon tanks as back up. He is never closed. Many of the water shops (purified) had to close in the last week or so until the supply starts again. I have city water, but I also have 500 gallon backups. It just makes sense.

Landshark

Thanks Russ, It does make sense I just didn't realize water tanks were that common in town at residences and businesses of all sizes. That's a lot of tanks, pumps, and pressure tanks to maintain. No wonder parts are readily available.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Rotoplas is a huge industry in Mexico and all of Latin America. They provide the water equipment for Agro purposes but also and probably more so for personal water supplies. If Rosy's Restaurant doesn't have a water back up then there is no way I am eating there during an outage.

Landshark

The speculation about how future events will hurt real estate values in RP and RP in general, such as the wall, Trump's deportation policy, the next Mexican President that won't like Trump, etc, are nothing compared to the effect of a long term water crisis. May not happen in my lifetime, but I'm betting it's going to happen. Seems to me it's already started.

Roberto

Rotoplas is a huge industry in Mexico and all of Latin America. They provide the water equipment for Agro purposes but also and probably more so for personal water supplies. If Rosy's Restaurant doesn't have a water back up then there is no way I am eating there during an outage.

That is EXACTLY why I do not eat at the roadside taco, hot dog, whatever stands.

Roberto.............

There are actually some people that like a good old Mexican style Montezuma's Revenge purge episode on occasion.

Oh, the pleasure of puking, pooping, pissing and sweating all at the same time!

Kinda "lightens the load", and leaves one pure as the driven snow, and a twenty pound weight loss in just 24 hours.

Old Chino's two wheel Malecon cart was always a guarantee for the best of those events.

JJ

Roberto.............

There are actually some people that like a good old Mexican style Montezuma's Revenge purge episode on occasion.

Oh, the pleasure of puking, pooping, pissing and sweating all at the same time!

Kinda "lightens the load", and leaves one pure as the driven snow, and a twenty pound weight loss in just 24 hours.

Old Chino's two wheel Malecon cart was always a guarantee for the best of those events.

JJ
As many have noted previously, this forum has deteriorated in some ways over the years. However... though at times his comments border on the outrageous, for my money Jim almost single-handedly makes this forum a must visit for me (with no slight at all intended to Jerry or Roberto, who are always informative). Bravo, my friend...

As many have noted previously, this forum has deteriorated in some ways over the years. However... though at times his comments border on the outrageous, for my money Jim almost single-handedly makes this forum a must visit for me (with no slight at all intended to Jerry or Roberto, who are always informative). Bravo, my friend...
Oh no, sometimes he is funny as hell.

Thank you...........thank you all so very much!

I'll just keep at it till I'm banned again. But I'll be back!

Blow-Hard, AKA: JJ

jerry

Lots of people are providing good info these days...but the fact that we all vacation on a frigging power keg that could go off at any minute speaks volumes about all of us....we are sort of bad ass! Just finished the reread Under the Volcano and watching the awesome season 2 of Fortitude ....love binge streaming !

Last edited: