Ajo Medical Clinic

tortuga

My long term primary care provider in Phoenix has retired and I am looking for a new one in the states. Does anyone use the Ajo clinic as their primary care provider and what are your experiences?

Roberto

I have used it several times but have no chronic problems requiring regular followup. I use a local MD for general crap. A friend living here also uses it . Good experiences so far. Clearly the most convenient to Penasco. Two regular MD's and several nurses and technicians. Staff was very friendly. MD I saw was very thorough and experienced. He wore a beautiful pair of western boots!! They have a visiting optometrist and perhaps other specialties visit but not all. They have a lab on premise as well as a pharmacy.

I found the facility, while not fancy, to be very decent , clean and well maintained for a small rural clinic and they are in process of remodeling and moving into a newer part of the building. I think it services part of the TO reservation ( a definite benefit in terms of financial support. BIA) as well as Ajo and environs. Aged population experienced. I have no reservations recommending them.

I was told some time ago that it was not available to the general public but that is not the case . I do not think they have an emergency room or an MD at the facility 24 hours a day so not good for crisis emergencies, auto accidents, etc. Those get sent along up to Tucson or Phoenix via ambulance.

Phone and make an appointment. Desert Senita Community Health Center. 410 Malacante Street ( just on the Right going north, off and visible from the main highway in the center of town, just in the big S curve past the plaza. ) 520 387 5651

Last edited: