Annual bird island boat trip now departing monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
What a great day to go.

Weigh in on this thread you can go Monday, Memorial Day.

We are at least two mebbe 3 mebbe 4

Just a reminder for anyone that is planning on joining us on the Bird Island trip... the boat (ABOUT TIME) will be leaving from Safe Marina at 8:00am tomorrow moring Monday May 30, 2011... try to get there by 7:45am...

sea U mañana...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed... the winds are coming out of the north... so the sea doesn't have the "fetch"(abillity to create big waves) like it would if the winds were coming from the south allowing them to get bigger as they roll up the sea...

They are supposed to lay down some by morning... I will talk with the captain about 6:00am before going to the boat in the morning to let him make the call...

I hope to have an answer by 7:00am so if anyone has any questions about the boat going out, you can call me at my local number 383-4963 or 602-324-9529 or my cell 638-109-1711...

Talk to you in the mañana...

My Apologies for the Bird Island Trip Cancelation

I want to Thank the 15 people that showed up for what would have been a fun trip to the island aboard the ABOUT TIME...

I also want to sincerely apologise to all of you that the trip didn't happen for reasons I can't explain and beyond my control, other boats went out to the island today and we had people on a fishing charter so the wind wasn't a factor... I must say it was very embarasing to keep you all waiting and wondering why the captain didn't show up or answer countless phone calls after telling me he would be there within an hour and a half when we talked at 6:00am this morning... this really caught me by surprise, and I appreciate everyones patience and understanding...

I did enjoy meeting some new people like, mr.phx and his spouse... along with others who had read about this trip here on the forum and were excited to be taking their children to the island and to be able to help the kids of Rocky Point in the process... Also it was great to see aaronleez and PintoPoint again... and always happy to see you Ladyjeeper and friends Jerry Dave & Cathy...

On a more positive note... the weekend was very successful to the extent that we did receive $525.00 in cash donations... $100 of which went to La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida AC Community Center and the other $450 will be used to purchase school supplies for the coming school year...

Big Thanks to BIG MAC for his very generous donation once again... AZ ROB & Michelle you 2 have been such a blessing and so much help to us and the community...
trade a.k.a. Harold there's not enough room here to Thank you for all your help... aaronleez & mr.phx your contributions are greatly appreciated and mr.phx I owe you a coffee and hope to get a chance to repay you soon... Our good friend Brenda (the sanity behind my amigo loco) Thank you for donating your admition for the trip to our cause... we really appreciate and are very proud to meet and have friends like all of you... Thank You...

Also Thanks to lagrimas85 for all you've done to assist in the building of the kitchen at the community center... the floor & walls are done and the roof is in progress... awesome...

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
SeaGasm. Stop it. I'm sorry you stand for a worthy cause and we opted to go for what is a great tradition. We thank you for your efforts and feel that we will join you for many future endeavors. Avril & I feel that Rocky Point // Puerto Penasco is a worthy cause and we are proud to be jumping on the bandwagon. Lets chalk this up to 'moving forward' and keep the pace. Ok, we will be out for some of the summer, but in spirit we are here. Thanks for the kudos, its always a pleasure to be part of a good cause. For those you lurk, jump on board and help anything that moves children and happiness in the right direction. Amen! Thanks Mark. No disappointment here whatsoever. DJ & Avril

Last edited:
B

Brenda

Hey Mark! You and Barb did everything that you could..this was entirely outside of your control! We are proud to have friends like you and Barb who do so much for the community and kids of Puerto Penasco! We all had a good time visiting this morning and it is always a success anytime kids in need are helped! Hang in there and know that you have mine and Rob's 100% support!

I want to add a Thank You to Ladyjeeper who also donated her boat trip admission... and I need to make a correction in my math from my previos post, the total for the schools should have been $425 and not $450... with Ladyjeeper's donation the total is now $475...

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I'm so glad we got 475 for the kids, even without the boat trip.......Karma will take care of those who let us down. I'm proud to call you all my friends! There will be more boat trips, God willing.

H

hammer scuba

i understand that the trip was cancelled at 6:00 am by the captain due to the wind storm the previous night and the wind prediction for the day. better safe than sorry is always my feelings. i talk to several boats that did go out and got the shit beat out of them and had sick unhappy customers . as a captain myself here in rocky point i would have made the same decision. there is nothing we can do about the weather.

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Grandpa always said better to be safe than fish food...Easier to find me at the BooBar than holding onto a cooler in the Sea of Cortez...

i understand that the trip was cancelled at 6:00 am by the captain due to the wind storm the previous night and the wind prediction for the day. better safe than sorry is always my feelings. i talk to several boats that did go out and got the shit beat out of them and had sick unhappy customers . as a captain myself here in rocky point i would have made the same decision. there is nothing we can do about the weather.
Rick, then why did he tell me that he was going to be at the boat in an hour and a half and to meet him there??? He didn't say anything about canceling the trip...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
The trip was NOT cancelled at 6 A.M. by the captain. He told Mark at 6 A.M. that he would be there at 7:30. He then did not answer his phone when he was called to inquire as to when he would be there. 15 people got up at the crack of dawn and packed food and things for the trip and were left standing at Safe marina for an hour and a half. We looked at the About Time and she had not been cleaned from the day before........ People came from Choya and Playa Encanto. That was just wrong......Lame post, Rick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.