Any new restaurant reviews??

R

Reggie

Friends will be heading to RP next month. Are there any new restaurant reviews????

Thanks,
Reggie

marybna

I went down this week. On this site I read about 2 restaurants, Asadero Gus in old port. On a side street. Very good. They bring out all kinds of veggie to put on their $1.35 tacos.
Also went to La Cita Cafe up by Numeros. Very clean and new. Wonderful food. This site has wonderful recommendation on food, where to buy fish and so on.

I love both places mentioned above....especially the quesadilla's at Gus's!! We went to the Boo Bar to meet friends for lunch recently, and I was in the mood for a shrimp basket. It's not on the menu, but they made them for us (three of us ordered them).....and they were quite good and plentiful, in my opinion and I thought $7.00 was very reasonable. I love their fries, so that's just a given for me:) We also went to La Curva, which was wonderful as always!!!!!!!! I've got to find more little taco stands that are close to the Mirador area (or at least not out towards the condos)......

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I love both places mentioned above....especially the quesadilla's at Gus's!! We went to the Boo Bar to meet friends for lunch recently, and I was in the mood for a shrimp basket. It's not on the menu, but they made them for us (three of us ordered them).....and they were quite good and plentiful, in my opinion and I thought $7.00 was very reasonable. I love their fries, so that's just a given for me:) We also went to La Curva, which was wonderful as always!!!!!!!! I've got to find more little taco stands that are close to the Mirador area (or at least not out towards the condos)......
Try Padilla's sometime, all women running the place, some cooking, some busy making tortilla's. They have the best seasoned most tender carne asada, I have ever eaten. They specialize in burro's, red chile and carne asada but also make caramelo's, vampiro's quesadilla's and taco's. Delicious flour tortilla's made while you wait. They open about 6pm. I'm not sure of the street name, but if you start on Benito Juarez, go to Pollo Lucas and in front of Pollo Lucas to the east is the street, so go east a few blocks, past Salmo's and the will be on your left. You can also det there from Mirador on Sinaloa. They're red chile burro is also good. 2 people can eat, have a drink for 10 or 11 dollars.

mis2810

Try Padilla's sometime, all women running the place, some cooking, some busy making tortilla's. They have the best seasoned most tender carne asada, I have ever eaten. They specialize in burro's, red chile and carne asada but also make caramelo's, vampiro's quesadilla's and taco's. Delicious flour tortilla's made while you wait. They open about 6pm. I'm not sure of the street name, but if you start on Benito Juarez, go to Pollo Lucas and in front of Pollo Lucas to the east is the street, so go east a few blocks, past Salmo's and the will be on your left. You can also det there from Mirador on Sinaloa. They're red chile burro is also good. 2 people can eat, have a drink for 10 or 11 dollars.

If it's where I think you're talking about it would be the street behind the Corona store and that street is Sonora - it runs perpendicular to Benito Juarez, right?

ADR

I went down this week. On this site I read about 2 restaurants, Asadero Gus in old port. On a side street. Very good. They bring out all kinds of veggie to put on their $1.35 tacos.
Also went to La Cita Cafe up by Numeros. Very clean and new. Wonderful food. This site has wonderful recommendation on food, where to buy fish and so on.
La Cita Cafe is owned by the Aunt of Josue Aviles, the bassist in BooBoys Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More (BooBar's House Band). Great food, at a great price.