Anyone down?

J

Jamie75

Is anyone down right now or been down this week? Just wondering how the weather has been. Heading down tonight! Going to be playing ladder ball on the beach all weekend! :sunny:

J

Jamie75

Thanks Jim. :cool:

I will tell you all what...I CAN NOT wait for mid October, that is always when the weather finally breaks!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Me too! We got lots of work to do and it is too hot to do it now! I just can't wait to be in my own place again. You can't tell I'm excited and happy or anything, can you? :lol:

J

Jamie75

Well, just got back yesterday. We had a nice trip. It was hot and humid Saturday and Monday. For some reason Sunday was nice. Spent the day on the beach and didn't even break a sweat!

We discovered a new place...The Thirsty Parrot down in old port. Good drinks..they have the frozen Fat Tuesday drinks that will knock you over if you are not careful. We didn't eat there, but the patio was full of diners and drinkers. It's pretty cool...check it out!

Border wait was 25 minutes yestereday when got there at noon. All three lines were open. They were on a mission, again, to find fruit and meat. They were wasting way too much time...

J

Jamie75

Unfortunately, much to my dismay...yes. But Juan (who used to work at Mickey's) now works there! It was great seeing him!

mugs

I too discovered the Thirsty Parrot on my last visit. Place is a Hoot! Martin the bartender is great fun. Juan and Jorge from Mickey's work there, and the food and service is excellent. Home made fries and onion rings, and great Mexican menu too.

Ran into a few of Mickey's old friends and patrons too. Great view, plenty of flat screen TV's and the Buffet atmosphere is perfect.

check out their website at www.thethirstyparrot.net