Anyone going out deep sea fishing this weekend?

Hooch

I've been down for the last 4 weeks, getting ill chip in gas and use my catfish poles, like to catch something bigger than Ramons tacos.

Kelney

The water has been like glass yesterday and so far today. I got out on the 19th and the water was pretty decent as well. It is torture looking at the water and knowing you have to pack for home.

Dan, I noticed they were getting some maint work done on your boat yesterday.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The water has been like glass yesterday and so far today. I got out on the 19th and the water was pretty decent as well. It is torture looking at the water and knowing you have to pack for home.

Did you get your fuel leak fixed? Boat running good again?

dmcauley

400 hour maintainence Impellers, oil, plugs and filters

cin

User is currently banned
if you launch from cholla and use villa to drag you out he will give you some gps locals, maybe cin on here will give some gps locations.
n 31 10 23.1
w 113 41 48.6 off pelican point, 11.2 miles

n 31 20 497
w 113 39 916 off pelican point, 8.36 mi.

N 31 09 937
w 113 40 994 12.6 mi. From el egante rv park, grouper hole from mexican friends of mine

always glad to help a fellow fisherman

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
n 31 10 23.1
w 113 41 48.6 off pelican point, 11.2 miles

n 31 20 497
w 113 39 916 off pelican point, 8.36 mi.

N 31 09 937
w 113 40 994 12.6 mi. From el egante rv park, grouper hole from mexican friends of mine

always glad to help a fellow fisherman

Welcome to the forum, I was told that you might be able to help me out with a GPS coordinate for the rock located about a half mile out from PDO directly perpendicular with the PDO boat ramp? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Kelney

Hey Stu
That little fuel part was the culprit. Runs like a champ now. The tractor at Safe Marina is up and running again.

cin

User is currently banned
Welcome to the forum, I was told that you might be able to help me out with a GPS coordinate for the rock located about a half mile out from PDO directly perpendicular with the PDO boat ramp? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
I don't have the #'s for that rock, pretty easy to find, some people do have a hard time finding it, I did a couple times, gps out to a 1/4 then watch your finder, it's actually about a 1/4 mi. straight out from PDO ramp, when you get out 1/4 mi. , look back at ramp, line up the palms in park, be on right looking back, when you see just one tree, you're close, should be right on it, if not watch finder and look for it, another thing you can do is when you see a boat anchored out there, go over and get close and mark it in gps, we have pulled some nice Flounder from that rock,

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I don't have the #'s for that rock, pretty easy to find, some people do have a hard time finding it, I did a couple times, gps out to a 1/4 then watch your finder, it's actually about a 1/4 mi. straight out from PDO ramp, when you get out 1/4 mi. , look back at ramp, line up the palms in park, be on right looking back, when you see just one tree, you're close, should be right on it, if not watch finder and look for it, another thing you can do is when you see a boat anchored out there, go over and get close and mark it in gps, we have pulled some nice Flounder from that rock,

I'm going to go with one of the Pirahnna Max series fish finders from Humminbird for the kayak. Most kayak fishermen are using the Pirahnha Max 160. I think a couple of places in Phoenix had it on sale for $69 which is a pretty good deal considering it's going on a kayak. I was thinking about splurging and getting the Humminbird Pirahnna Max 167i which is the same as the 160 but it has built in GPS and it goes for $129. I dont know if it's worth it though, it's only for the kayak and if there's not any numbers within paddle distance than why even bother? Plus the added cost of the dry box and 12v battery that I have to get to run it, puts the cost upwards of $160 total vs. the same unit without GPS including everything for around $100. Mainly, I just want to know water depth, water temp and what the bottom looks like. I'm still recovering from some health complications and I have a couple of more weeks to decide! Until then, I can only dream of corvina and tight lines! Fish on!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Hey Stu
That little fuel part was the culprit. Runs like a champ now. The tractor at Safe Marina is up and running again.
TRACTOR??? YES!!!!!!! After them nearly wrecking me last launch, that's damn good news!!

mondone

Whitecaps
I'm going to go with one of the Pirahnna Max series fish finders from Humminbird for the kayak. Most kayak fishermen are using the Pirahnha Max 160. I think a couple of places in Phoenix had it on sale for $69 which is a pretty good deal considering it's going on a kayak. I was thinking about splurging and getting the Humminbird Pirahnna Max 167i which is the same as the 160 but it has built in GPS and it goes for $129. I dont know if it's worth it though, it's only for the kayak and if there's not any numbers within paddle distance than why even bother? Plus the added cost of the dry box and 12v battery that I have to get to run it, puts the cost upwards of $160 total vs. the same unit without GPS including everything for around $100. Mainly, I just want to know water depth, water temp and what the bottom looks like. I'm still recovering from some health complications and I have a couple of more weeks to decide! Until then, I can only dream of corvina and tight lines! Fish on!
Joe, what kind/size rod and reel and line weight do you use on your yak?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, what kind/size rod and reel and line weight do you use on your yak?

I carry 4 rods/reels on the kayak when I fish in Rocky Point. I have 3 spinning setups and one level wind Penn for bottom fishing. I have a cheap spin setup, 8lb mono test that I keep the Sabiki rigged up for bait. I have an Abu Garcia 40 series reel on a 6'8'' Shimano spin rod, medium action, 8lb braid or 12lb mono test with a swivel and cast metal of my choice, usually Kastmaster. I have an Okuma Baitfeeder Spinning reel on a 6'8'' Shakespear rod, medium action, 8lb braid or 12lb mono test with a swivel and swim bait of my choice if trolling or cast metal of choice if casting. The fourth rod/reel that I carry is a Penn Level Wind combo, 6'8'' medium heavy rod, 30lb mono test and rigged for bottom fishing. Having 4 rods on the kayak all for a different purpose helps to cut down time by not having to constantly switch rigs on just one rod. I'm still somewhat of a rookie even though I have about 2 years in the kayak now but I've always been told, YOU HAVE TO LOOK GOOD TO PLAY GOOD and if you looked at me you would think Im a professional. Kayak has ample dry storage with Large A hatch, center circle hatch, live bait tank with 6v battery and 350gph bilge pump, 4 rod holders, deluxe high back seat, Digital Eco Extreme waterproof speaker case for listening to music, soft cooler for ample beer/water and soon to be fish finder. Basically my kayak is professional grade and looks the part even if I cant catch SH!T, at least I look like a pro! FISH ON, TIGHT LINES!

Okuma Baitfeeder Reel
Amazon.com: Okuma Coronado Baitfeeder Spinning Reel, Grey/Gold, Small: Sports & Outdoors

Digital Eco Extreme Waterproof Speaker Case
Amazon.com: Okuma Coronado Baitfeeder Spinning Reel, Grey/Gold, Small: Sports & Outdoors

Penn Level Wind Combo
Amazon.com: Penn Level Wind Combo (6-Feet/6-Inch, 20-50-Pound): Sports & Outdoors

Abu Garcia 40 Cardinal Reel
Amazon.com: Abu Garcia CARD SX40-C Cardinal Spinning Reel with 5 Ball Bearing, Clam, 9.7-Ounce: Sports & Outdoors

Humminbird PirahnaMax 160 Fish Finder
Amazon.com: Humminbird PiranhaMAX 160 4-Inch Waterproof Fishfinder and Dual-Beam Transducer: Sports & Outdoors

Crack of Dawn Deluxe Kayak Seat
Amazon.com: Crack of Dawn Apex 1 Deluxe Kayak Seat: Sports & Outdoors