Anyone headed out this weekend?

Kelney

Me and Kelney Jr. may try to splash the boat on Sunday weather permitting. That is if I can talk him into it as fishing is not really his cup of tea unless it is an inshore excursion.

Roberto

It's early but I would watch the weather. Huge rain last night here and huge thunderheads off to the east as I write.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Per Intellicast Radar, there have been pop-up storms all along from Sonoyta down through the turn at Pinacate
and there were reports of some washes on Rt 86 in AZ running this am. Best be careful, particularly going into
those dips along the way.

The air is quite juicy right now and these showers/storms can pop up out of nowhere. It rained off and on last night
and a good part of this morning here in GV. A nice steady no wind rain. It was sorely needed and welcome.
Intellicast - Weather Active Map

GV, thanks for that Weather link. My buddy just went through San Felipe and said they got hammered, guessed they got 1.5" of rain, in a short time, water running everywhere. Hopefully RP only gets some rain with minimal damage, just enough to cool it off for the next 6 weeks. LOL

I'm seeing reports of showers/thunderstorms on Sat.
I don't know what route you take, but if go the back way from Maricopa to Gila Bend, I have had to turn back and take I8 due to washes running heavy.
After Sat, you stay looks like a great week.

azdiva

Usually as driving from the East Valley, Maricopa to I-8 is EZ. However due to rain events I choose to be safe and will use I-10,85 to Lukeville, Hopefully Sonoyta
Creek won't destroy the road at Pinacate Bio Reserve. I cant remember a Labor Day Week to be Overcast and below normal Temps. Water Temps should be in the
high 80's could be Foggy!!

mis2810

Sonoyta got hit pretty hard yesterday. I'm kind of glad I'm not leaving until Saturday morning. Let the majority of the traffic go down tomorrow and I'll watch Facebook for updates on road conditions. Once I'm down there I could care less if it's hot, rainy, humid, foggy - whatever it is, I'm happy I'm there! I just need a relaxing vacation of doing nothing.

mis2810

So if I'm driving along and I come upon a flooded wash, I just keep my distance and wait it out? Or turn around and go home? I'm sorry if that sounds stupid, I've just never had to do this before.

Landshark

I would just wait. You won't be alone, there will be others waiting and eventually DPS, a sheriff, or border patrol will come along and offer suggestions/guidance. Probably won't be any flooding anyway. It will all work out, one way or the other. Unless you turn around and go home. :lol: Wouldn't wanna be there for that!

mis2810

I don't think I'd turn around and go home anyway - I don't give up that easy! Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought about DPS and other people on the road, I was just thinking I'd be alone in the car.

mondone

Whitecaps
Drove down this morning, no problems whatsoever. Hit the border about 6:10AM and could not believe my eyes, about a dozen cars in front of me going through. Never have seen that many that early in the day. They are using the new "tent" area now as a checkpoint stop b4 crossing the border. Got through relatively quick and got the green light, BUT NO AMIGO!, they waived me over anyway and only were concerned with my dog which was out of sight in the rear of the SUV. Told him they already took a photo of her in July but he insisted on seeing her papers and my ID anyway. He disappeared in the building for a good 10 minutes finally coming out and saying I will need to show the papers each time I enter Mexico. REALLY???? I asked him if he found her photo in the office and he says "yes" and as I turned to leave he calls me back and wants to take another photo. WHAT??? Geez, seriously delayed my arrival at my favorite taco stand in Sonoyta........

MIRAMAR

Same thing happened to us with the traffic on Friday a.m.- 15 minute wait, using the tent, but only 1 lane. Then pulled over for our dogs- another 15 minute wait. They had also taken our dogs portraits a couple of months ago, and insisted on taking them again- can't wait to see the pictures! The Caborca highway was covered in water at the 4 dips, but it's clearing up now. It's hot in the sun, but nice enough in the shade, but it is humid. Thankful for AC.