Article: Why the US Govt. Is Giving the Mexico-Bashing Media a Free Ride

Roberto

Interesting article but quite a bit of it conflicts with my limited experience here and thoughts from Mexican friends.. Especially the bit about the healthy and growing middle class. The final promotion of one specific area of Mexico makes me believe it was an article written for hire and they got lucky and got this publication to carry it.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Finally somebody that brings it to the rest of the people that is all a conspiracy to try to keep the dollars in USA rather than have people enjoy what they like somewhere else other than US, hopefully many others will read this article too!
LETS GO TO THE BEACH!!!

Hah, yes, Roberto, I agree. My interest in the article began to wane when I realized it was sort of a front for retiring in Mexico and a specific location.

That said, in the intro, he synthesized a lot of ideas and reactions I've had to the constant drubbing Mexico (and Mexican immigrants currently residing in the US) have gotten over the past few years.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Interesting article but quite a bit of it conflicts with my limited experience here and thoughts from Mexican friends.. Especially the bit about the healthy and growing middle class. The final promotion of one specific area of Mexico makes me believe it was an article written for hire and they got lucky and got this publication to carry it.
Hoewever, if you have noticed in the last few years one can actually see and realize that there is a growing middle class in Mexico just by looking and the amount of newer cars and the amount of money they come to expend in USA, at least in Tucson, a lot more than say 15 years ago and not all of those are drug cartel related, Sonora has a huge agricultural and ranching community that keeps on growing.
Mexico need a lot more kids to finish their education to be a powerful country with the intellect that backs it up and then, IMHO, can be consider a "no longer third world country" but it is in its way for sure!!