asked for the millionth time: auto insurance private vehicle

TerMul

Does anyone have the time to share their recommendations for a 7 day policy at Lukeville? Buy online or in person? Favorites companies? horror stories? rookie mistakes? Anything will help. Thank you!

THE EARL

When i was house hunting down there I would go online to mexadventure.com. Usually it would be 2 or three days. I would always get full coverage and would also add an extra day so I would have the time if need be. I was fortunate that I never had to use it. At present I have yearly insurance at $245.00 (same coverage). Don't have any horror stories, thankfully. Word to the wise, watch your speed going thru Sonoyta, 25 mi per hr, 10 mi hr thru the downtown area. If your backing up traffic pull over and let them pass. The locals don't get tickets.
I liked the online deal so that I could read the policy and then call them if i had any questions.

ben21

Well Known Member
I've been buying through AAA. I used to buy along the road in Ajo back in the day, but had a minor accident and it was basically impossible to get paid. I figure if something happens, at least I have AAA as a liason to help me with the Mexican insurer.

ben21

Well Known Member
Its written by the Mexican companies, AAA is basically a reseller. I'm just hopeful that they could be of help if something happened.

Landshark

Well Known Member
If you are heading to Rocky Point, Mexico or other parts of the country for any length of time, you'll need to make sure you have "Mexico Car Insurance" coverage. By law, you are required to have Mexico Car Insurance, so it is absolutely essential that you order your Mexico Car Insurance policy prior to crossing the border. But the problem for some people is that there are so many different companies that offer Mexico Car Insurance that it could make choosing the right Mexico Car Insurance policy difficult. ProAlliance Insurance, based in Rocky Point, can definitely help with all of your needs for Mexico Car Insurance.

Rosie Glover, owner of ProAlliance, says her company is a full service Mexico Car Insurance agency. She points out that all Mexico Car Insurance companies offer very similar types of coverage, so what should matter most to you should be service. Glover says ProAlliance is a full service Mexico Car Insurance agency with an English-speaking staff. She stresses that this is extremely important for American policy holders to ensure that all of their questions are answered and all of their needs are addressed regarding Mexico Car Insurance.

ProAlliance offers full or liability Mexico Car Insurance coverage to its clients. Glover says if you are involved in a fender-bender or more serious car collision, you will be asked to show proof of insurance. But a language barrier could get in the way of effectively communicating with law enforcement. That's when Glover or any member of her staff can step in to help. She says ProAlliance will be able to serve as a translator, as well as give advice to American drivers who are involved in an accident. This is why Glover believes it is absolutely critical to choose a Mexico Car Insurance company like ProAlliance, which bases its reputation on quality service.

Some Americans may have U.S. car insurance policies that provide coverage within a specific radius of the Mexico border. While that is beneficial for drivers who spend a lot of time on American roadways near the U.S.-Mexico line, it will not help if you end up in a collision in Mexico. Glover says this is why Mexico Car Insurance is an absolute necessity while traveling in Mexico.

It seems like every gas station or convenience store you pass along the way to the border offers Mexico Car Insurance. A lot of companies also offer Mexico Car Insurance online. Glover says there isn't a lot of price or production variation when shopping for Mexico Car Insurance. Her advice is to always order Mexico Car Insurance policies from companies that stress and emphasize service. Glover says ProAlliance has a 24/7 phone number so you can speak to an underwriter about your Mexico Car Insurance policy should any problems occur. In addition, Mexico Car Insurance policy holders will be able to contact Glover. She says she or one of her staff members will immediately respond to the scene and handle all matters from start-to-finish.

If you would like to order a Mexico Car Insurance policy or simply would like more information, contact Rosie Glover at ProAlliance Insurance based in Rocky Point, Mexico. Go to www.proalliance.com.mx to access more specific details about Mexico Car Insurance or you can call Glover at (602)773-1031 or at (602)512-1601. The phone number in Mexico is (638)388-9081.

THE EARL

When I finally did get a place down there I went on line searching and the best reviews and service was Pro-alliance. Real nice people. About a month after that i got my condo insurance thru them. highly recommended.

THE EARL

I was going to RP for years for some vacation time. Each
time I went I saw improvements (Jerry would not agree) however watched this forum for 1 maybe 2 years, got a lot of guidance. Can you believe this I probably would not have bought down here with out the info from this forum. I'm all kinds of happy, I almost don't do stuff without a little research on the forum. All you folks are great. Randy where are you?

Thanks to all you folks
EARL

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
I agree, I always love to see what "the pros" (as I refer to the residents and or long time members of this forum) have to say. What's funny is when I'm in Rocky Point I always wonder if I had been sitting next to or walked by or even chatted with someone that is from this forum without even knowing it

THE EARL

Your right i always type in caps. met a guy down there that watches the forum, met him one night he mentioned that i always typed in caps, i mentioned on the forum that i have a messed up hand. Not true I always had a beer in one hand. It's hard type with beer in one hand.

Crowbar1

Another one for AAA, do it online, print it from home. I buy the annual policy and as long as I go more than a few times a year, I come out ahead. but I go a whole lot more than that and my stay can vary from an overnighter to a week.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
One thing I have notice thru the years and as others commented about it is that the best is to pay your Mexican Car Insurance with a debit or credit card, when doing so you avoid 2 easy mistakes that could happen:

1-by paying with plastic you basically are paying directly to the actual insurance company and not the broker/agent mediator in between you and the Insurance company that way you get your actual policy on your hands right away, at least I have done it this way for over 23 years with Portugal and always worked just perfect, the one time I did it different I noticed the difference on paperwork, about 15 years ago I was told to pay CASH only and went back to Portugal.

2-you are 100% sure that your insurance has been processed, as many times when you pay with CASH you get a receipt or some sort of paperwork that actually will not state you are covered by such and such in case of an accident.

For many years, and still do, many people paid cash and got tricked into having insurance when all they had was a bill paid for absolutely nothing and this is/was a common practice among all the insurance companies in Rocky Point, remember 63 miles to the border little town and no traffic, well 20 years later things have change in size and volume but many insurance companies still have the same practice as when RP was only 3K people living here and now we are 45K plus, HUGE difference!!!!

You can use anybody as an insurance broker just make sure that you get your insurance policy on the spot, they can do it at least with Portugal I know I have been getting the right coverage and my policy in hand every year I renew with them, if he can do it so can anybody else that sells insurance in Mexico.

Chad

Hi,

The rules regarding getting Mexican car insurance can kind of be confusing. We have been going down for 20 years and have used this company for as long as I can remember. It's super easy/takes 10 minutes online/you don't have to stop on your way down.

Here is a link to my blog post explaining the rules, and a link to get your Mexican car insurance online: http://yourrockypointvacation.com/mexican-car-insurance/

Let me know if you have any questions!
Chad